Your Dogs Funny Behaviour

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by argon_0, Jun 4, 2012.

1. argon_0

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Mishka has this odd behaviour whenever I put on my socks and shoes. I sit down to do so these dayso_O
    She will come over and sit next to me and then lean on my leg with her weight while I'm doing so. It can be a little annoying but I have a sense of humour and ask her to move away so I can complete the task.
    Does your furry friend do odd things that's amusing or maybe annoying?

argon_0, Jun 4, 2012
  2. argon_0

haopee Well-Known Member

Yes, that's their master manipulation in action. You have to stay away from those. That's their secret weapon, to look cute, adorable and funny. Run!

When Peanuts sees something she wants, she will stand on her hind legs and put her front legs on my arm (while I'm sitting in front of the computer). If I ignore her, she will paw me while looking straight into my eyes.

haopee, Jun 4, 2012
  3. argon_0

King Browny Well-Known Member

Shooter, my pup (the one in my prime pic. He never grows old though. He died of Parvo), has this habit of turning around repeatedly when he sees his meal being prepared. He would turn around repeatedly as if in so much excitement until the meal is placed in front of him. He is also the first one, of my entire pup, who easily got the idea of breastfeeding bottle. When he touches the bottle nipple, he’s just like a baby sucking his milk. He can even hold the bottle. Those are his humors that are still clear in my head.

King Browny, Jun 4, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  4. argon_0

zararina Well-Known Member

Our dog gets too excited when someone comes home. He will look like the happiest dog in the world when he was greeting us. And he gets too excited too when it was feeding time already.

zararina, Jun 4, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  5. argon_0

Melody Well-Known Member

Should I list the funny things my dog does? LOL

Misha does this when I'm putting on my foot braces and socks. I sit on the bed. She runs behind me and starts hitting me on the back with her paws. Sometime she'll play a game pretending to attack my knees as I pull up my socks.

Another funny thing she does is she will run in front of where you are sitting, then put her head on the ground and stick her butt in the air at you. She looks back at you to make sure that you see. This is how she says she wants a tummy tub. She can sit like that for a minute or so.

Another funny thing is when she gets excited about human food. My Mom makes toaster waffles sometimes. When she brings it into the living room, Misha runs in and jumps into the side of the ottoman and bounces off. Sometimes she'll do it twice if peanut butter is involved. Once she hit so hard that when she bounced off she hit her head on the carpeting when she landed.

I swear, I did not teach her these things! She's naturally a goof ball.

Melody, Jun 5, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  6. argon_0

RuthieB New Member

We have a new chihuahua in the house, about 2 yrs. old, sharing space with my older dog. The chihuahua has this odd habit with food. My older dog usually doesn't finish all of his dry food and will walk away from the bowl when he's done. The chihuahua will go over to my older dog's bowl, pick it up by the teeth, dump the dry food on the floor, and then take the empty bowl in her mouth from the kitchen into the living room. Then she'll go back into the kitchen and nibble the food that was dumped on the floor.

We use paper bowls to feed them as it's just easier for us that way. So we're not sure if she's got a fascination with paper or what the deal is. But it's very funny to watch her, she looks like she's stealing something and having a lot of fun getting away with it!

RuthieB, Jun 12, 2012
    King Browny and argon_0 like this.
  7. argon_0

That's so funny.That is a lot of dog know how. .Yep dogs are sneaky.

argon_0, Jun 13, 2012
  8. argon_0

I had an experience last night. The wind came up and it was so loud in the trees it made Mishka so restless and she was whimpering very quietly.
    My wife took her downstairs and tied her with a lead to the fireplace surround and on her mat. Placed a chair over her and then put a blanket. Mishka had lots of room to move and it also settled her. Tonight we have wind and she is fine. Mmm dogs.Here she is now she must have known I was writing about her and plonked herself down net to me.:p

argon_0, Jun 13, 2012
Ask a Question