You know you are a dog person when...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

I came across this list tonight and thought I would share it. It's a list of tell tale signs that you are a dog person. How many of these to you ascribe to?

http://www.nanceestar.com/DogPersonPage3.html

I know that I've done a few of these items. I've had the baby gates blocking doorways, but no baby. I put the extra blanket on the bed so Misha is warm. I have been known to have my camera filled with photos of my dog.

What other signs would you add to the list? Is there something you do that tells the world "Yes, I am a dog person"?

Melody, Jul 24, 2012
  2. Melody

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Myself, I have a double-gate system inside my house. There is the usual gate at the front door. Then there's another one closing off the hallway to the kitchen. This is to stop Candy from attacking anybody who comes to the front door by mistake. I could have put her on a leash but I found this double-gate system to be a better arrangement.

Victor Leigh, Jul 25, 2012
  3. Melody

pugskjj Well-Known Member

Hmmm....LOL these are the ones that apply to me but I have a few "edits" In the winter the kiddie pool is in the kitchen or bathroom, my dog doesn't sleep with me, I sleep with her LOL, I actually make my dogs their own piece of steak or chicken, the extra blanket is so I will have something to cover with, luckily the hedgehog that squeeks still is in the cage LOL

pugskjj, Jul 25, 2012
  4. Melody

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Yep we have a doggie gate to prevent Mishy sometime from coming upstairs and yep we talk about Mishy's doodoo after taking her for that walk.
    Okay I will admit :rolleyes: I say good night to my wife and goodnight Mishy and sometimes send her a kiss.

argon_0, Jul 26, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  5. Melody

pugskjj Well-Known Member

LOL My dogs won't crawl under the blankets to sleep until I have kissed each of them and said "Goodnight mommy loves you."

pugskjj, Jul 26, 2012
  6. Melody

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

That's cute. Candy, my Bangkeaw, didn't sleep in my bed after she had grown up. All she did was come on the bed for about five minutes. Then she would go under the bed and stay on guard until morning.

Victor Leigh, Jul 26, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  7. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

This is so funny, I'm glad that I found this thread! I'm definitely a dog person and I'm proud of it:D I don't refer to myself as mommy when I talk to Homer but I often call him my little brother:p I also always carry dog treats in my purse, I have more than 6 squeaky hedgehogs and I like people who like my dog:D

claudine, May 25, 2013
  8. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

"You refer to yourselves as Mommy" - Actually, I am not the one to first discover that I am the mommy of my dog or dogs. :p

"You have 32 different names for your dog. Most make no sense, but she understands." - I only have 4 names and he all knows that those names are his, :D

zararina, May 27, 2013
  9. Melody

Lol, Homer has at least 10 names and he reacts to all of them:p When I say: sweety, honey or my little treasure or something similar, he knows that I'm referring to him:D I heard that dogs can memorize only very short words, but it's not true - dogs have amazingly good memory.

claudine, May 27, 2013
  10. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

Yes, I also believe that. :D

zararina, May 28, 2013
  11. Melody

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

"You like people who like your dog. You despise people who don't."

I know someone who calls my dog "rat dog" or "rat sausage dog thingy".
    I actually knew I was getting attached to the dog when I felt personally insulted when she called the dog names. I hate her guts.

ACSAPA, Aug 28, 2013
  12. Melody

Lol, my boyfriend often calls Homer "little rat", but since I know that he loves him as much as I do, I don't feel insulted. If a stranger called my little dog names, I would get angry though!

claudine, Aug 28, 2013
  13. Melody

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Exactly. I barely know this woman and she can't control herself when it comes to calling my dog names. Even though she doesn't like animals, she should just keep her mouth shut. My dog is not bothering anyone.

ACSAPA, Aug 28, 2013
  14. Melody

amundy8 Active Member

When you have a special just for the dog, with doggie furniture and toys..even doggie pictures! I didn't read all of them, but I have a friend who has special rooms for different animals. In this room, her dogs.

Also, when the dog has his/her own sitter, groomer complete with nail polish. The dog got a pedicure before I did! I knew another family who's dog loved to sing! I'm surprised she didn't didn't get singing lessons!

amundy8, Aug 28, 2013
  15. Melody

Amundy8, my dog has his own room too:p He needs a place for his blankets, toys, cones, apples and pillows, he has so many of them. We live in a big house though, so if we didn't have Homer, the room would be empty, no one needs it.

claudine, Aug 29, 2013
    amundy8 likes this.
  16. Melody

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I just realized that I do have an extra blanket on my bed to make the dog more comfortable. I guess I can cross that one off too.
    I thought I was exclusively a cat person but I've grown to appreciate dogs since adopting my relative's dog.

ACSAPA, Aug 31, 2013
  17. Melody

I also consider myself a cat person, but from the very first moment when I saw Homer, I realized that I prefer him to all the cats in the whole world:) If I somehow managed to turn back time, I would buy Homer again. Buying him was the best decision.

claudine, Sep 1, 2013
Ask a Question