Xfactor dogs

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Grimp, May 14, 2015.

1. Grimp

Grimp Member

I dont mean to sound cynical but theres something I find disgusting about people who train their dogs up to entertain Simon Cowel on the TV show Xfactor. Does anyone else feel this way? Do you think its right to treat your dogs like some kind of circus animal?

Grimp, May 14, 2015
  2. Grimp

Trellum Well-Known Member

To be honest this is the first time I hear anything about this D: I just google it though, and let me tell you it sounds just awful! I haven't watched the TV show, but it actually sounds awful and boring, who would want to entertain that guy? Dogs shouldn't be abused that way. Same for kids who are forced to be part of beauty contests very early on.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    Trellum, May 16, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  3. Grimp

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Truth? I think it depends on if the dog enjoys it. Like the dog shows...I imagine they feel objectified, exploited, and demeaned. That's how I would feel, anyway.

LilAnn, Jun 18, 2015
  4. Grimp

claudine Well-Known Member

I don't like watching shows like that and I'm sure my Homer wouldn't want to participate in them. He gets nervous when there are too many people around him.
    However, I know that my aunt's dog loved dog shows. He got many awards.

claudine, Jun 23, 2015
  5. Grimp

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I have heard of the show but I am not a fan of it or Simon Cowell! I believe they are desperate to keep their audience and their rating up so what is the solution for them? Using the dog as they know everyone loves dog.

IcyBC, Jul 25, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  6. Grimp

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I wonder if the dogs enjoy it

LilAnn, Jul 26, 2015
Ask a Question