Would you pay 10,000 GBP for this dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Victor Leigh, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Victor Leigh, Sep 15, 2012
  2. Victor Leigh

claudine Well-Known Member

I don't know what would I do if Homer went missing. I prefer not to think about this. It would be a nightmare. Every night I need to check if he is sleeping calmly and if he is safe. It would be terrible not to know if he is all right:( .

claudine, Sep 16, 2012
  3. Victor Leigh

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

It's unfortunate that in some cases the dogs are being stolen and sold. This just happened recently near me. Some people were posting a $3,500 reward for anyone who could find their missing bulldog. It turned out, someone stole the dog and sold it on eBay. The new owner caught news of the missing dog, and realized it was the dog she had just purchased - so she returned the dog to the original owners. I'm a little skeptical that she wasn't in on it though for the reward money.

OhioTom76, Sep 16, 2012
  4. Victor Leigh

Jessi Well-Known Member

I simply don't have the funds to put out that much. Many people do see their pets like their own children, though, and people put up rewards like that all the time when their kids go missing, right? I just wouldn't be able to do it.

Jessi, Sep 16, 2012
  5. Victor Leigh

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Well, I don't have that sort of money, but if I did and one of my dogs was missing I think I would put it up. Obviously this person loves their dog very much because they are willing to put up such money for their safe return. I hope they manage to get their dog back safe and sound.

pafjlh, Sep 16, 2012
  6. Victor Leigh

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

If either one of my dogs went missing, I'd be absolutely frantic. If I had that kind of money to use, I'd be using it. My dogs are my world, and I can't imagine how I'd be if they got lost, were stolen, or wandering about somewhere, especially Sherlock, because he's brain damaged and has epilepsy.

I don't think I'd sleep the whole time they were gone. So yes, I'd put every last penny I had, up for them.

Evilsprinkles, Sep 17, 2012
  7. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Well, if it's a long-time pet and constant companion I can quite understand this thing about getting it back at all costs.

The intriguing thing is that some people have even spent thousands of dollars just to bring back a new dog. I jread that one lady did exactly that. She was on holiday and she found a stray. So far, according to the news report, she had spent 3000usd to bring the dog home.

I will post the link when I find it again.

Victor Leigh, Oct 1, 2012
Ask a Question