Woman, 79, credits survival to dog and mailman

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by BeachHut, Dec 2, 2011.

1. BeachHut

BeachHut Active Member

[​IMG]

A Minnesota woman credits her survival of a 20-hour ordeal after a tumble outside to her faithful dog and a punctual mail carrier.

Seventy-nine-year-old Erma Iverson says she fell and couldn't get up outside her country home near Granite Falls in late September. Nobody heard her calls for help. After night fell, her dog, Crackers, repeatedly chased away the raccoons and coyotes that came around.

Eventually she fell asleep or lost consciousness. Postal carrier Stan Boushek arrived on schedule at 12:45 p.m. the next day and was just able to spot her from the end of her driveway. She spent nine days in a hospital but made a full recovery.
    Iverson tells the West Central Tribune of Willmar nurses said she wouldn't have survived more than another couple hours.

This is another great story that makes me love my dogs even more. They are loyal and would protect their master or owners in any way possible. And thanks to the mailman, good thing he arrived before it was too late.:D

Source: msnbc.com

BeachHut, Dec 2, 2011
  2. BeachHut

zararina Well-Known Member

Her dog looks so lovely and caring. It was really nice to have dogs as companion since we could really depend on them like guarding us. And she was lucky to have cracker by her side specially during that time.
    And the mail man was so good to help her and bring her to the hospital.

zararina, Dec 2, 2011
  3. BeachHut

Nick87 Well-Known Member

That's so incredible, dogs are so loyal and protecting. It's amazing how even their instincts are to protect their owners, he probably saved her from the coyotes.

Nick87, Dec 2, 2011
  4. BeachHut

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

That was really awesome! It is really great to see and hear people give credit to a dog, because some people just do not realize how wonderful and amazing dogs are.

wahcashmom, Dec 4, 2011
  5. BeachHut

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Another one more reason among the gadzillion reasons why we should take better care of our dogs. Said care does not include putting them to sleep.

Victor Leigh, Dec 4, 2011
  6. BeachHut

Becky Well-Known Member

Aw, that's a lovely story! Makes you feel all fuzzy inside :)

Becky, Dec 12, 2011
  7. BeachHut

If I have to choose between a woman and a dog, I will choose the dog anytime. Nothing wrong with women per se, but dogs are just so much more dependable. *ducks to avoid the brickbats.

Victor Leigh, Dec 14, 2011
  8. BeachHut

King Browny Well-Known Member

No need to duck for a brickbat, Victor. I personally and I think most women here would choose a dog over a man. Quits! :D

King Browny, Dec 17, 2011
  9. BeachHut

Touche! So what happens when such a dog-loving woman meets such a dog-loving man? Ignore each other? Or try to stop their dogs from falling in love with each other?

Victor Leigh, Dec 18, 2011
  10. BeachHut

Hmmm, since they are both dog lovers, I think they have much to talk about. Unless of course their dogs are at each other's throat. It’s possible they will end up as referees.

King Browny, Dec 19, 2011
  11. BeachHut

From my personal experience I found that taking my dog to the pet store for supplies is one of the best way to meet women who are similar-minded. Yes, you are right. When two dog-lovers meet, there's so much to talk about.

Victor Leigh, Dec 19, 2011
  12. BeachHut

:D Well, you can tell the woman what you would tell your dog (besides the dog thing).

King Browny, Dec 19, 2011
Ask a Question