Will Your Dog Watch Dog TV?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, May 17, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

I saw this on the news. There is a new TV channel called Dog TV. Dog TV caters to canine viewers. The shows are designed to be soothing, so that when Rover is left alone, he will remain calm. Dog TV is available in limited areas, but you can buy the app for $9.99.

Misha does watch TV. She loves anything with singing, so naturally, she watches commercials. She will watch any segment with animals, especially dogs. It's funny to see her stop everything and sit in front of the TV with such interest.

My previous dog was not interested in TV. She watched only when horses were on the screen. Then, she would run right up to the TV screen and watch them.

I am not sure I would put out the money for Dog TV. How would you ensure that the dog would watch it or listen to it? It seems a radio would have the same calming effect if left on soft music.

What do you think? Is Dog TV a worthwhile investment?

Melody, May 17, 2012
  2. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Hmm. It wouldn't be relevant for me currently and probably not in the past with other dogs either. Either the dogs I had either already liked TV and would watch regardless of what I put on....or they wouldn't watch at all. There wasn't much reason to put on something specifically for dogs, I don't think.

Jessi, May 17, 2012
  3. Melody

Mystique Active Member

We have that over here too, and a few of my friends with dogs actually paid money for it. I do think that some people when they have a lot of money, they like to spend it on their loved ones, and most owners think dogs as their loved ones (children), thus they'll spoil them senseless.

Mystique, May 21, 2012
  4. Melody

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I don't think my dogs would enjoy watching tv. They find watching human beings more interesting. Next to chasing cats.

Victor Leigh, May 22, 2012
  5. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

Our do not show any interest on watching a TV even the TV is turned on for long hours. He seems not affected and curious with it not unless he will hear someone is knocking or barking in the TV which he would try to find out where it is really coming come. :p

zararina, May 22, 2012
Ask a Question