Why do you think dogs are so loyal?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Yes. First, he had jumped on a chair and then he jumped on the table. I noticed that he likes to lie as high as possible. He always climbs on the biggest pillows on the couch or insists on sleeping on the biggest chair:p

claudine, Dec 25, 2013
  2. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

What a cutie, but lol, I'm still having a hard time picturing that tiny dog our yours jumping on a chair! My pug is very small too, she has never tried doing something like that, I guess she is not very daring :D

Trellum, Dec 26, 2013
  3. Trellum

Homer can jump really high:p Sometimes he jumps so high that he can't land properly. I'm afraid one day he'll break one of his cute paws:( I always tell him not to jump, but he doesn't listen to me when he is excited.
    I've always imagined pugs to be rather lazy;)

claudine, Dec 26, 2013
  4. Trellum

Wow, your little guy sounds like a really active little dog. I never expected yorkies to be that way :p I assumed they had a temperament similar to a poodle :) As for the pugs... oh my!!!! I think if there was a contest to see what dog is the most lazy the pug would win :D Mine seems to spend way too much time trying to catch her breath... lying on the floor :p Specially during the hot season.

Trellum, Dec 27, 2013
  5. Trellum

Yorkies are Terriers and I think that all Terriers are very active and love to jump, run and chase everything;)
    It's really adorable that pugs are so lazy. Does your pug ever want to play fetch?:)

claudine, Dec 30, 2013
  6. Trellum

Yeah, all terriers are so jumpy, brave and energetic :) Does your Homer like to run after little animals? It seems terriers really enjoy running after small animals. No, my girl is lazy :D She's a really weird dog, she likes to fetch things the first few times, but I guess it gets old for her after just a few tries, because she stops really fast!

Trellum, Dec 31, 2013
  7. Trellum

Yes! Homer loves running after all animals, big and small. I truly worry that one day he'll manage to cach one. It would be horrible if I saw him killing a mouse or a bird. Dogs are very loving, but they can also be cruel, because, after all, they're animals.
    It's so convenient that your girl gets bored so easily!:p My little thing can play fetch for hours and he always wants to do this when I'm very busy:confused:

claudine, Feb 12, 2014
  8. Trellum

firelily99 Well-Known Member

Its generally their nature to be loyal and no doubt there is a strong genetic component involved. They are descended from animals that live in packs and family groups so humans or a human family would be a part of that dynamic.

firelily99, Feb 12, 2014
  9. Trellum

worldmachine Member

Dogs are so loyal because they have no hidden agenda, they are innocent in nature, not calculating like humans can be. Dogs have a strong sense of duty to humans they know, when i was a teenager i had a baby sister and the family dog would lie by her cot and never leave her side. She thought it was her duty to look after the dog. When i stay at my parents now the dog will try and sleep in the bed with me as if she feels she has to look after me.

I'm sure dogs do still have a pack instinct also and see humans as the pack leader as we are bigger than them, we provide their food and we are in control of them.

worldmachine, Mar 21, 2015
  10. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Winterybella, Mar 21, 2015
  11. Trellum

This article makes a lot of sense!
    My father doesn't feed Homer and yet Homer loves him more than anything in this world:)

claudine, Mar 27, 2015
  12. Trellum

I read dogs pick quite fast the one person they want to attach to, in the first couple of days :) By the way, I know you said your dad doesn't feed Homer, but does he ever give Homer some treats or something like that? I'm just curious!

Trellum, Mar 28, 2015
Ask a Question