When Animal Hoarder Turn Serial Dognapper...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by haopee, Dec 13, 2012.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

This is one of those stories that's half heart breaking, and half awful. Sometimes, people may have the right heart but not the right mental state.

Over 60 dogs have gone missing in area of New Mexico town. And they've somehow linked some of this missing pets to Debbie Swenerton.

haopee, Dec 13, 2012
  2. haopee

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

I agree with what you said haopee as many of them start with one or two animals, as an act of mercy, then things get out of hand & before they know it, the animals have mated & multiplied. There's not enough food & they can't afford to feed all the animals, & on it goes. But one would hope that at some point, common sense would take over.

It is a huge problem that needs to be dealt with. Thanks for the post haopee.

SweetBeast, Dec 13, 2012
  3. haopee

zararina Well-Known Member

Right that she might have the right intentions but not in the right mental state or not on the right way of doing it. She needs help.

zararina, Dec 13, 2012
  4. haopee

argon_0 Well-Known Member

That's quite a story with someone having the right intentions but taking matters into their own hands without consideration of others and what maybe allowed by law.
    I've seen a beautiful collie cross tied to a kennel in the same location for many months at different hours of the day and night and I felt like freeing it.
    Of course I have no right to and don't know if it was abused other than tied for long periods or continuously.
    The owners of the dog have since moved and I wonder whether it's still tied up continuously somewhere else.:(

argon_0, Dec 15, 2012
  5. haopee

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

I would have called the Animal Control department & reported them for possible negligence; if all was fine, no harm done.

Oh argon_0, you should hear(or maybe not) some of the stories I post & re post, sign petitions for, write letters & make calls on behalf of whatever animal needs it - they are disgustingly horrific & I usually end up in tears as to what these animals go through & I ask myself in those cases, who are the real animals here.....

SweetBeast, Dec 15, 2012
  6. haopee

claudine Well-Known Member

The right intentions sometimes are not enough, this woman clearly couldn't tell the difference between doing a right thing and making a mistake.
    But personally, I must confess that a few times I was close to becoming a dognapper too - it happens every time when I see a chain dog, they always look so unhappy, it's heartbreaking. But I believe it's better to call the police than to administer justice on your own.

claudine, May 6, 2013
Ask a Question