What's your favorite dog breed?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by haopee, Mar 23, 2012.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

May it be a small one or a big one, what's your favorite breed and why?

One of my favorite breed selectors is sponsored by Animal Planet. And contrary to my personality, my favorite breed and the breed compatible with my preference are different.

My favorite would be a Jack Russel Terrier. I just love their white coat and boundless curiosity. They may not belong to the Top Smartest Dog Breeds but they certainly are independent when it comes to keeping themselves away from boredom.

It doesn't matter if it were a wire haired one or the smooth coat type, it's their eyes and size that I adore so much.

haopee, Mar 23, 2012
  2. haopee

King Browny Well-Known Member

I love Golden and Labrador Retrievers for their gentlest of nature. For the looks and knack for survival I go for Siberian Huskies and a wolf/dog hybrid like White Fang (I don’t know what it is called).

King Browny, Mar 24, 2012
  3. haopee

morst Active Member

Although I have 3 different breeds of toy dogs, my favorite would be the Yorkshire terrier! I don't know about you guys but there's something about those cute little bundle of energy that I really find irresistible. Just looking at those dark button eyes just simply melts my problems away. Cutest dog eveerrrrr!

morst, Mar 24, 2012
  4. haopee

zararina Well-Known Member

My favorite is the local breed here and mix breeds that are not that hairy.
    I also prefer medium built dogs or dogs that are not that small and not so big.

zararina, Mar 24, 2012
  5. haopee

morst Active Member

Although I also have two Shih Tzus, I really adore more my Yorkshire terriers. I don't like playing favorites especially with my toy dogs, but hey, hope no one will blame me for falling for yorkies, lol! One thing I also like about Yorkshire terriers is that their long hairs are so much more manageable that those of shih tzus. I think this is because they have human-like hair and doesn't tangle or matte easily like those of Shih Tzus.

morst, Mar 26, 2012
  6. haopee

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

I love my Toy Fox Terriers. I plan to keep at least one of them until I die. I also love Dobermans, Dalmatians, and Collies, all of which I've owned and would own again. Dogs on my "I love to look at, but will never keep due to drooling, shedding, or other issues," include English mastiffs; Gordon, Irish, and Irish Red-and-White Setters; Clumber spaniels, Harriers, Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dogs, Alaskan malamutes, and German Shepherds.

LoupGarouTFTs, Mar 26, 2012
  7. haopee

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Well, I have always liked pugs. I planned to get one, I even checked some pug rescues a few years ago but then my husband got me my weenie dog and then we just got another and another. LOL

SheWolfSilver, Mar 26, 2012
  8. haopee

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

For companionship, I prefer a Bangkeaw. The downside is that Bangkeaws are extremely possessive. Candy won't even let my father, who feeds her everyday, to sit in my favorite chair.

Victor Leigh, Mar 27, 2012
  9. haopee

King Browny Well-Known Member

I also love the furry mongrels. My Browny is more of a mongrel. His mom is a mixed Japanese Spitz-Mongrel. Browny used to have long brown furs but as he grows older his tail is the last part of him that is hairy. His subordinates, our other dogs Boom-boom and Poknat, are mongrels, too. I must say mongrels are the streetwise dog, very playful but fierce. They can’t be housebound. They would sneak outside their home and have their way to the outside world.

King Browny, Mar 27, 2012
  10. haopee

christina Member

I love Beagles and Pitbulls. Beagles are just so cute and loving. My husband takes them hunting. They are so spoiled by me that I can't go because they don't hunt while I'm there. They stay right beside me! Pitbulls have a bad rep but I have owned 8 plus puppies and all of them are beyond great! It's all in the way you raise a dog! If you raise it to be mean then it will! This goes for any breed not just a Pitbull!

christina, Mar 31, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  11. haopee

Jessi Well-Known Member

I don't actually have a favorite, I don't think. I've mostly had mutts and they've been both small and large.

I guess I have a least favorite, though. I really don't like chihuahuas....or most itty bitty teeny tiny dogs like that, for that matter. They're annoying and they've been more snippy around the kids than any larger dog, it seems.

Jessi, Apr 1, 2012
  12. haopee

I think for kids, the best breed would be Goldens or Labs. They are big softies. I have seen kids pulling their ears and tails and they are happy just to be part of the family.

Victor Leigh, Apr 1, 2012
  13. haopee

Jessi Well-Known Member

A yellow lab is actually what we got when my sister was little and we were looking to get a dog. He quickly outgrew her, of course, but was just as much of a teddy bear and as gentle as could be. He was always happy and never aggressive.

Jessi, Apr 1, 2012
  14. haopee

Very true. Which makes it all the more inexplicable how people can put dogs to sleep. Totally inexcusable and unforgivable, I must say.

Victor Leigh, Apr 2, 2012
  15. haopee

morst Active Member

I too have a hard time understanding these kind of people. Maybe they don't want their dogs to suffer more pain & discomforts. It's just sad.

morst, Apr 2, 2012
  16. haopee

That's their assumption. The way I understand it, the dogs would want to be with their owners to the last possible breath. Some even stay with their owners after the owners have breathed their last. Like this one:

[​IMG]

It sat by its owner grave for seven days without food. More details here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-15825892

Victor Leigh, Apr 3, 2012
  17. haopee

claudine Well-Known Member

I'm sure that it won't be a surprise if I tell ou that my favorite breed are Yorkshire Terriers. I'm a lucky owner of a cute Yorkie, so I can say from my own experience that they're the most adorable and the smartest little dogs in the whole world. I love them!:D
    Not so long time ago, I fell in love with Pomeranians, now it's my second favorite breed. Look at this cute little thing:

[​IMG]

claudine, Sep 6, 2013
  18. haopee

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

As I've mentioned before, I'm a cat person but I adopted my elderly relative's dog because she couldn't take care of him anymore.
    So I would have to say that my favorite dog breed is my dog's breed, the Rat Terrier. I ended up with a Rat Terrier by chance but I'm very fond of him and think he's a smart and amusing little guy.

ACSAPA, Sep 6, 2013
  19. haopee

claudine Well-Known Member

Rat Terriers are cute little dogs, I like them. I love all Terriers in general, because they're really inteligent and they always seem so cheerful.
    Here is an adorable picture of Rat Terriers wearing pastel sweaters, they're so cute, I just had to share it with you:D :
    [​IMG]

claudine, Sep 8, 2013
Ask a Question