What's your dog's name and why?

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by haopee, Apr 6, 2012.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

I've given up the responsibility of naming my dogs because my mom doesn't like the ones I choose.

One of the names she hated to say was Coal's name (he is all black, after all). It was in our local dialect, which translated to "Uling". And she certainly despised it. Then there also was a time that I named our dogs Brother Dog, Mother Dog, and Sister Dog. She didn't give them names so I decided to baptize them with names that suit them well. Up to this day, she still has this uneasiness when she mentions them.

What's your dog's name and why?

haopee, Apr 6, 2012
  2. haopee

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

One of the dogs that we had we named Harry. He was a chow chow Samoyed mix. Part of the reason why we named him Harry is because he was quite literally hairy.

dkramarczyk, Apr 8, 2012
  3. haopee

zararina Well-Known Member

I also used to give names to our dogs and some names I had given are Lazzie, Dinky, Bianca and Whitey.
    Our recent dog name is Kulit which can mean persistent or stubborn because its his character.

zararina, Apr 8, 2012
  4. haopee

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I remember one old dog that I took over. It was a mixed up Poodle. It's litter mates all looked like Poodles but it looked more like a terrier. However it was never mixed up about its status as the senior dog. So I named it Benjamin after Benjamin Franklin.

Victor Leigh, Apr 9, 2012
  5. haopee

King Browny Well-Known Member

King Browny, Apr 9, 2012
  6. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. I didn't see it awhile back. I've already contacted the forum about it so they could combine both posts. Thank you for informing me.:oops:

haopee, Apr 9, 2012
  7. haopee

wils172 Active Member

Copper - because that's the name of the dog from "The fox and the hound" and we already had a cat named "Todd" which is the fox from the same movie

wils172, Apr 9, 2012
  8. haopee

kinser Well-Known Member

My dogs are both German, so I chose German names. My shepherd is Sebastian, and my Rott/Lab mix is Maximillian. I've always prefered "people" names for pets.

kinser, Apr 13, 2012
  9. haopee

Becky Well-Known Member

My grandad called his black poodle 'Snowy', he he :D

Becky, Apr 13, 2012
  10. haopee

summerRain Well-Known Member

I named my Shih Tzu "Chao Kuang Yin" because when my dog came in our lives, I currently have Asian Civilization subject and that name is the only name that I can't remember. I used my dog to remember the important name in our Asian-Civ book.. LOL

summerRain, Apr 15, 2012
  11. haopee

BL1 New Member

I'm always bad at picking out pet names so I let my GF name our new pup, she picked Sprocket after the dog from Fraggle Rock (not sure if anyone really remembers that show anymore lol).

BL1, Apr 16, 2012
  12. haopee

King Browny Well-Known Member

I once had a pup I named Copper because his fur is copper colored. He’s my first baby actually. I got him when he’s barely a month old, feed him in a milk bottle, we sleep in the same bed, I’ll bring him with me wherever I go and I play with him a lot. I honestly handle him like he’s my child and I even spoiled him. But he died before he even reach his 3rd month so you could just imagine the pain but he had thought me a lot of good in life especially how to take very good care of a pet the way a pet should be handled.

King Browny, Apr 16, 2012
Ask a Question