What's your dog's favorite activity (after eating, that is)?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kinser, Apr 24, 2012.

1. kinser

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Your pup sounds so much fun! I can't play fetch with mine. They don't understand why I'm throwing one of their "chew toys" so far away. So they get it and hold on to it for dear life so I can't take it again.

LilAnn, Sep 2, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  2. kinser

Tomi Active Member

Mine loves chasing the wind. At first I thought it was his tail he was after then realized that was not the case. Especially when he is well fed, he will go outside to chase after invisibles.

Tomi, Sep 2, 2015
  3. kinser

Trellum Well-Known Member

My girls loves sleeping and playing around the garden :) She loves going for a walks too, and then come back home to a bowl filled with fresh water, she likes her water cold ;) My girl is so picky! She enjoys drinking cold water. So I'd say her favorite activities are walking, sleeping next to me and enjoying some cold water.

Trellum, Sep 3, 2015
  4. kinser

Tomi Active Member

My dog loves to sleep in my bed too. I try to have him sleep on his mat but will crawl into bed as soon as I am asleep. I often wake up to a cold nose close to my face.:)

Tomi, Sep 3, 2015
  5. kinser

IcyBC Well-Known Member

You need to have double, @LilAnn like 2 balls! Capone does the same thing with just one ball, he will hold it in his mouth or he wants to play tug of war with us. I just bought two balls, throw one, he brought it back and I show him another ball, and since he wants it, he lets go of the other one; so he chase a new one :) I outsmarted him, haha :)

IcyBC, Sep 4, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  6. kinser

claudine Well-Known Member

This is a great method, IcyBC:) We keep more than 100 pine cones in our garden for Homer. He never brings them back, but it's okay, I always have more of them:)

claudine, Sep 4, 2015
  7. kinser

Awwwww, that is so cue! Hehehe, doggy breath in the morning :p I bet you have no troubles getting up, lol. I sometimes get some of that too, but it's so cute!!! I like to feel her cold nose against my cheek, specially if I just had a nightmare, because feeling her cold nose reminds me I'm in my bed and she is with me, I just had a bad dream...that's all. I feel so calm right away.

Trellum, Sep 4, 2015
  8. kinser

Winterybella Well-Known Member

IMG_20150423_093118 (2).jpg IMG_20150221_195437 (1).jpg It never changes.Remy and Reba are missing. I have pictures of all them sleeping and I feel like it is mostly after eating. Mostly like humans. Eat and sleep.

Winterybella, Sep 4, 2015
  9. kinser

Tomi Active Member

I never thought of the comfort having my dog in me could bring until I was alone in the house one rainy night. The dog remained close to me as if sensing I was a little afraid of being on my own. I was a silly teen back then, scared of the night from watching too many horror movies. :rolleyes:

Tomi, Sep 5, 2015
  10. kinser

I suffer from chronic anxiety and have panic attacks often, so I can understand what you are saying. My dog sleeps with me lately as if sensing I'm very stressed and anxious. I've a neurological problem (receiving a treatment for that) that doesn't allow me to have normal sleep patters (I'm dreaming and suddenly I'm with the eyes wide open on my bed). lately I have a lot nightmares, so when I wake up and she is there... it feel so safe, I hold her very tight and sometimes I even cry. Dogs are amazing. No idea what I'll do when she passes away, so glad she is so young though!

Trellum, Sep 6, 2015
  11. kinser

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I'm almost 40, and I have those nights. When I'm here, all alone, I'm fine during the day. But at night I would seriously freak out if they weren't hanging out with me.

LilAnn, Sep 7, 2015
  12. kinser

LilAnn Well-Known Member

My husband's dog passed away recently. I've never seen him cry over any pet, like that. He passed away a couple of months after my girl had a single puppy litter. Now he decided to keep her because she's a part of Bowser...

LilAnn, Sep 7, 2015
  13. kinser

You are talking about lil Ann's mom? So you guys are going to keep her too? In total how many dogs do you guys have right now?

Trellum, Sep 8, 2015
  14. kinser

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah, my dog is little miss, and the mommy of little ann. Bowser, my husband's dog, and is daddy. Daddy is the one we lost. So right now, (until we move out with Little Miss and Little Ann), we have 5. Our male stays outside right now because a couple of the girls are in heat. She is wanting to hold out until he's full grown to neuter him. Then we have 4 females in the house... Little Miss, Little Ann, Bri, and bendy.

LilAnn, Sep 8, 2015
  15. kinser

@LilAnn Wow, 5 dogs? That sounds like a handful! How do you do that? I have one pit bull when I was younger and wow... she was such a handful! Strong energetic dogs who seem to always be in the mood to get into some sort of trouble, hehehe! At least that's how my little girl was. You re so brave!

Trellum, Sep 9, 2015
  16. kinser

tajnz Well-Known Member

Probably lying on my lap and getting her head rubbed or going for drives. :)

tajnz, Sep 11, 2015
  17. kinser

That's so cute, Tajnz!:) My Homer is just the opposite, he hates lying on my lap. I think it makes him feel tiny and he really doesn't want to be tiny, lol:p

claudine, Sep 11, 2015
  18. kinser

joycemcgregor Active Member

I have a small dog who's second favorite thing is to follow me around the house, then lay down as close as she can get (if I am in my recliner it is on the back, behind my neck) and go to sleep. Sometimes she likes to play fetch with her toys,, she will bring me one and sit and look up at me, waiting for me to pick it up and throw it for her, then go get it and bring it back.

joycemcgregor, Sep 20, 2015
  19. kinser

KimmyMarkks Active Member

When my dog was a puppy (not so much anymore) she would love to play catch. She would constantly want me to throw her a tennis ball and we spend hours doing it. It seemed like she never got tired. Now that she is older she doesn't enjoy it as much and gets tired after a few time.

KimmyMarkks, Dec 10, 2015
  20. kinser

I'm sorry to hear that. How old is your dog, KimmyMarkks? Is she healthy?
    My Homer is 9 years old and he's very energetic. We play fetch every day and go for really long walks:)

claudine, Dec 10, 2015
Ask a Question