What it's like sharing a bed with a dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jessi, Aug 1, 2012
  2. Jessi

Pocs Well-Known Member

Funny. I don't have the dog toy problem, they are kept in another room. I can relate to the graph in the middle that's usually my spot, but much smaller. My husband and I have to occupy the same location.

Pocs, Aug 1, 2012
  3. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

eek. From your graphs Jessi I would say it would be uncomfortable. Does anyone allow their furry friend this liberty?
    Dogs need their own double beds and couches just like we do

argon_0, Aug 7, 2012
  4. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

So cute:p . Dogs can be pretty greedy when it comes to the space:p . I'm sure mine would be greedy too but I don't share my bed with him. He is really very little and I'm scared I could hurt him when I'd be asleep. He has his own couch where he sleeps, it's more convenient this way.

claudine, Aug 23, 2012
  5. Jessi

supergirl Active Member

haha that's so cute. I never have my dog in my bed because she's too happy in hers. Although every morning I do get woken up by a paw in the face.. it's like an alive alarm clock :)

supergirl, Aug 23, 2012
  6. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yes. :oops:

And actually, in my mom's room, there's a set of bunk beds to the side currently, and the dog sleeps on the bottom bunk. He's claimed his own bed instead of using a doggy bed.

Jessi, Aug 24, 2012
  7. Jessi

Nick87 Well-Known Member

For me it's more like this[​IMG]

with dog 1 kicking every once in a while, dog 2 licking me without stopping
    That's why they have their own beds now

Nick87, Sep 28, 2012
  8. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Try sleeping with two dogs in your bed, lol. We had 3, but thankfully only two of them would try and sleep in the bed at once. I do miss it though.

OhioTom76, Sep 29, 2012
  9. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

LOL...My dog is so small that I don't have to worry about this. Though, many times she likes to lay on my chest.

I do have this problem when my sister's dog stays over. She seems to think my bed is one huge dog bed. She's about 65 lbs., so a sizeable dog. Usually, she'll lay right across the middle. I can't get my legs anywhere. There is much maneuvering until she is at one end and I at the other.

Nick, looks like you need to sleep on the couch. :D

Melody, Sep 29, 2012
  10. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

What's funny is that none of our dogs initially liked sleeping in the bed when we got them, it's a habit they developed over time. When I got my coonhound from the pound, she cried the whole time I tried to get her to go to sleep in my bed, and insisted on being on the floor. By the time she was an adult, as sweet as she was, you did not try and get her out of a bed. That's the one thing she would bite someone over.

OhioTom76, Oct 1, 2012
  11. Jessi

lizzie29 Member

That graph is really funny! I could probably relate to it when it thunders or when she's really cold. She has some dog toys on my bed too but they don't occupy to much space. The only toy important to her is her favorite stuffed animal, Koala. As long as Koala's there, she can sleep peacefully. When we both sleep together, we get equal share of the bed. :p

lizzie29, Oct 9, 2012
  12. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lmao! Wow, how things change, huh? It's funny that she hated it so much to begin with, but now insists on it. Was she a puppy when you got her? Maybe she was scared of the heights?

Jessi, Oct 10, 2012
Ask a Question