What is your dog's favorite thing about winter?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by dashboardc33, Oct 30, 2012.

1. dashboardc33

dashboardc33 Well-Known Member

My dog's favorite thing about winter has got to be the deep snow piles. She absolutely loves jumping into them and pouncing through all of the piles around the yard. It is so funny to watch her. As soon as I open the door for her to go outside she runs around in a ton of circles like a crazy dog. Then she sticks her snout under the snow to eat the snow. She is so silly. :) She much prefers winter over summer. In the summer time she is always looking for shady places in our house, and doesn't like to be outside as much, unless there is a swimming pool.

dashboardc33, Oct 30, 2012
  2. dashboardc33

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer loves snow too! Even if it's so cold outside that he is shaking, he still wants to play in the snow and he bites me when I try to take him home. He especially like to put his head in the snow, I have no idea why. Maybe he is just trying to sniff it. After every walk in winter he looks lie a little, cute snowman with a wagging tail:p

claudine, Oct 30, 2012
  3. dashboardc33

dashboardc33 Well-Known Member

My dog loves to put her head in the snow too! I always thought she was trying to eat it, but perhaps she is trying to sniff it, because whenever she brings her head up from the snow she sneezes. It is really hilarious. It's like she gets snow up her snout or something. That's cute about the snowman! Hehe - he must be a little dog that drowns in the snow piles as he comes home covered with it? Too funny!

dashboardc33, Oct 30, 2012
  4. dashboardc33

Melody Well-Known Member

We don't get snow here, so Misha has never experienced it. I am sure she would be afraid of it. LOL We get fog, mist, and rain. She does not like cold weather and she hates the rain. On top of that, she hates the coat she must wear to keep her from shivering when outside.

What Misha likes about Winter is taking a nap in front of the space heater. She enjoys the smells that emanate from the kitchen when we are baking, too.

Melody, Oct 31, 2012
  5. dashboardc33

claudine Well-Known Member

I've just run across the sweetest picture so I thought I'd share:[​IMG]

claudine, Nov 1, 2012
  6. dashboardc33

pafjlh Well-Known Member

We don't get snow in Arizona at least not in the area in which we live. So my dogs have never experienced it. I have to wonder though what Oso's reaction to it would be since he's part Akita which is a breed of dog known to take well to snowy climates. I know that he and Buddy aren't too fond of rain though. If I have to chose what their favorite part of winter is, it would probably be the Christmas holiday, they love the food they get during that time.

pafjlh, Nov 1, 2012
  7. dashboardc33

Melody Well-Known Member

Claudine, that is cute! I'm surprise small dogs don't get lost in the snow by sinking in.

I know Misha wouldn't like snow. She doesn't even like the hardwood floor in the kitchen and dining area because it's too cold. If she wants to see what you are eating, she either sits on the rug by the kitchen sink or she sits on the edge of the living room rug (which borders the dining area). She won't sit anywhere cold!

Melody, Nov 1, 2012
  8. dashboardc33

tajnz Well-Known Member

My dogs didn't really like the cold .. or winter for that matter, but they did love curling up with us on the couch in our warm living room. :)

tajnz, Nov 5, 2012
  9. dashboardc33

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

None of our dogs really cared for the snow, except for our beagle a little bit. We would keep the area in the back yard where we put them out to do their business all shoveled, so they didn't have to walk through the deep snow. Same goes for our driveway if we had them outside for a bit. Once in a while our beagle would leap into the snow which was higher than she was, then she would just get "stuck" and peek her head up for one of us to come get her.

OhioTom76, Nov 6, 2012
  10. dashboardc33

pigeon_small Active Member

I think my dog's favorite thing about winter is that he gets to stay in the house for most of the day all throughout the week instead of just a few times. Though he does like digging around in the snow, that is probably just his second thing about winter.

pigeon_small, Nov 7, 2012
  11. dashboardc33

Nick87 Well-Known Member

My dogs love playing in the snow. They go crazy when they see snow on the ground and chase snow as it falls from the sky. They love eating the snow and ice, too. They also love destroying snowmen...so luckily we don't have any small children in my house.

Nick87, Nov 7, 2012
  12. dashboardc33

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

No winter here. Only heavy rain during the end of the year. Most of the time, my dogs just sleep through the rainstorms. Sometimes, though, they will just sit at the door watching the rain fall. Maybe they are also fascinated by the raindrops like I am.

Victor Leigh, Nov 8, 2012
  13. dashboardc33

Lex Active Member

We don't get a lot of snow/cold weather where I'm from! So, our pups favorite things about winter are probably all the treats they get. Oh, man. I know that I've mentioned it, before, but my uncle always comes down and cooks a big meal for us around the holidays. Do you want to guess where the scraps go? To our pups, of course! We've got four dogs, so they always end up getting just enough.

Lex, Jan 27, 2013
  14. dashboardc33

Jessi Well-Known Member

My dog's favorite part about the winter?

The fireplace, lol. He hates going outside. He doesn't like the cold or the wet from the snow. So his favorite part is being able to pull his bed right next to the fireplace and enjoy the heat.

Jessi, Jan 29, 2013
Ask a Question