What if you fall for someone who…

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by King Browny, Dec 8, 2011.

1. King Browny

King Browny Well-Known Member

hate dog, or is afraid of dog, or has allergy with dog, what would you do? How would you resolve the issue between him/her and your dog?

King Browny, Dec 8, 2011
  2. King Browny

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Thank God I am already married and we both love dogs... LOL. But if I was not married, and I had my dog before the new man in my life... then the man would be gone! Dog always comes first, they will love you until the end!!!

wahcashmom, Dec 9, 2011
  3. King Browny

PuppyChow Well-Known Member

Aw man I have never thought about that. I guess Ill be leaving a change of clothes at his house and showering as soon as I got there.
    I don't even know what I would do because I can't let my Oscar go.

PuppyChow, Dec 13, 2011
  4. King Browny

zararina Well-Known Member

I think I would not fall in love with a person who would hate dogs. :p
    If afraid, it could be easy cause he will get used to be with a nice dog if it would not be a "phobia" already. And an allergy could also have a remedy, if there is a will, there is a way. LOL

zararina, Dec 13, 2011
  5. King Browny

PuppyChow Well-Known Member

Lol but what would you do if you brought him home and the dogs were put away and he didn't know that you had any.

PuppyChow, Dec 14, 2011
  6. King Browny

zararina Well-Known Member

He will certainly know since I do have profile photos on my Facebook with my dogs. If he have not browse my photos yet on the site, it might mean he was not really interested to know more about me. LOL

zararina, Dec 14, 2011
  7. King Browny

Nick87 Well-Known Member

Hate of dogs and fear of dogs are things that can be changed...but allergies is a different story. If there is some form of medication I'd recommend that...otherwise, I'm not sure what I'd do.
    If I were with someone who just hated or feared dogs, I'd be like "lol deal with it"

Nick87, Dec 19, 2011
  8. King Browny

summerRain Well-Known Member

I am not going to give up my dogs just to be with him. If he loves me then he must learn how to love the things who are dear to me. That's all. ;)

summerRain, Dec 22, 2011
  9. King Browny

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Good attitude. Generally speaking your dogs will be more loyal to you than any man can ever be. Giving up a dog for a man is a very poor trade.

Victor Leigh, Dec 22, 2011
    summerRain likes this.
  10. King Browny

amy005 Well-Known Member

I think love is more important but I would at least try to change his mind about the dog at first but if he still didn't and was the love of my life I would probably choose the man over the dog.

amy005, Dec 22, 2011
  11. King Browny

That's sad. For the dog, I mean. And for you, if he doesn't return your love in full.

Victor Leigh, Dec 24, 2011
  12. King Browny

MakingCents Well-Known Member

There is a big difference between someone who CAN'T be around dogs do to allergies and someone who prefers not to be around dogs because they don't like them. I would say if the love my life developed an allergy to the dog that mad ethem sick I would probalby look to find a new, safe and loving home for my dog. But if it was just a matter of them not liking my dog then too bad for them.

MakingCents, Dec 24, 2011
  13. King Browny

Thanks Victor Leigh. I am a fan of the sayings: "If there's a will, there's always a way". I had a boyfriend before who is allergic to fur so he always take his dose of antihistamines whenever he visit me at home.

summerRain, Dec 26, 2011
  14. King Browny

aimend13 Active Member

Well being a dog-lover is actually very important to me, so I don't foresee myself becoming involved with someone who doesn't enjoy dogs. Also, if there was a fear of dogs (which is understandable especially with bully breeds which are the only sorts of breeds I'd probably ever own) then I would try to show them that there isn't anything to fear. Allergies are a bit trickier. It's something that's out of the other person's control. I would try to see if there was anyway to work around it, such as allergy shots or medications. But if not then I'd try to find a dog with hypoallergenic fur.

aimend13, Dec 27, 2011
  15. King Browny

That's what I would call devotion. So what happens if the two of you get married? Put him on antihistamines 24/7? Or put him into a space suit?

Victor Leigh, Jan 1, 2012
  16. King Browny

Believe it or not, I'm allergic to my dog. I take a claritan every day. I actually have built up an immunit so that I can go a few days without getting itchy. If I'm around any other dog, or away from my dog for a few days though the allergy returns and I need another claritan.

MakingCents, Jan 2, 2012
  17. King Browny

Well, we are consulting a doctor about this matter and he told us to introduce the allergen gradually to my boyfriend so that his body will get used to it.

summerRain, Jan 8, 2012
  18. King Browny

I believe that will happen, like I said I have grown very used to my dogs allergens, but not so much to other dogs. Just remember your boyfriend might re-develop the allergy if he is away from the dog for some time... but he will once again (and more quickly each time) get used to the dog.

MakingCents, Jan 8, 2012
  19. King Browny

You can also try introducing him to dogs gradually. Like start with a tiny toy Chihuahua and slowly moving up the scale until he's comfortable with a giant Dane. Like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Jan 8, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  20. King Browny

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

Well, in my case it is cats over dogs....but the same rule applies. I do not even consider a first date with any man who does not like or at least tolerate cats. Why even give yourself the chance of falling for someone who hates dogs or is allergic? If you realize being a dog owner if important to your well being and happiness, then make the selection of who you see BEFORE that choice becomes needed.

If for some reason, you are at that horrible choice, good luck! I have no idea what I would do.

SallyintheValley, Feb 11, 2012
Ask a Question