What dog toys do you buy your pet?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by trishgl, Mar 22, 2014.

1. trishgl

trishgl Well-Known Member

I read an article about the Best dog toys of 2014. They seem intriguing and I'm thinking of upgrading my dog's toys. As of now they just have old stuff toys. How about you, what toys do your dogs play with?

trishgl, Mar 22, 2014
  2. trishgl

zararina Well-Known Member

I have gave him my old tennis ball and ping pong balls. :)

zararina, Mar 23, 2014
    Erika88 likes this.
  3. trishgl

claudine Well-Known Member

Homer has a squeaky chicken and a few other squeaky toys in different shapes. He also has a lot of balls, sticks, bones and a few toys made from a rope. He loves them:)
    Those toys in the link are amazing! I'm sure that Homer would want to chew the Orbee-Tuff Orbee Ball:D

claudine, Mar 23, 2014
  4. trishgl

Trellum Well-Known Member

My pug loves her soft ball! I gave one to my standard schnauzer, but she doesn't seem to care about it. I thought it was a matter of age when I did the same with the senior miniature schnauzer I adopted a while ago, but my Freida never really liked to play with balls. I tried with several kinds... the soft ones, the jumpy ones, the tennis ones, but she wasn't interested at all! That senior schnauzer was the same way, I thought he wasn't interested because he was too old, but this incident made me doubt that.

Trellum, Mar 24, 2014
  5. trishgl

My Homer isn't a big fan of balls. He has a few of them, but he ignores them most of the time. I think that they're too big for him. Its really hard to find a ball that wouldn't be bigger than his tiny head;)

claudine, Apr 4, 2014
  6. trishgl

Hehehe, I can imagine! Have you tried with the soft ones? I got a small one (small enough for my pug), it's soft and made of a really nice material, she can't destroy it very easily... or maybe she hasn't tried hard enough' :)

Trellum, Apr 4, 2014
  7. trishgl

No, Homer has never had any soft toys. I think I should go to a pet store and buy him a gift:D A soft ball sounds like a great idea! I hope he won't try to swallow it:eek: I always worry that small balls are too easy to eat.

claudine, Apr 9, 2014
  8. trishgl

Then don't get the smallest ball :) Get a soft ball that is slightly bigger than his mouth. I'm sure it will catch his attention, because maybe the other balls were too hard to grab.

Trellum, Apr 9, 2014
  9. trishgl

tardy12 Member

Moe loves anything squeaky. He will sit on the couch with the toy in his mouth and squeak it for ten or fifteen minutes at a time. He's had a variety of toys: balls, plastic animals and bugs, those long skinny toys with no stuffing, but squeaky toys are the ultimate thing. If he really likes a toy, he rolls on it.

tardy12, Apr 18, 2015
  10. trishgl

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I am sorry I did not read this before to remind me I needed to get some more toys for my new "guest". Noticed I said guest because if someone comes along and I think they will take great Ginger, I might just give her a new home. I am saying that and truth be told I doubt it's going to happen. As mischievous and difficult as she is, I am still falling for her.

Since I forgot to get her new toys on my recent trip, I am going to hope to find some not too pricey ones here at home. Whatever else I get her has to be something she can't destroy as we all know she's the destroyer.

Winterybella, Apr 18, 2015
  11. trishgl

To be honest, I think Homer has too many toys;) They're everywhere! My parents' house looks like a big pet shop. You can't walk through a room without stomping on balls, ropes, rubber chickens and others;)

claudine, Apr 22, 2015
  12. trishgl

Nice, he is such a loved and pampered boy, I bet he loves it :) I used to buy a lot toys for my dogs in the past, but now I've a more simplistic mind setting :) I think some dogs enjoy having many toys, while others are ok with none or just a few.

Trellum, Apr 22, 2015
  13. trishgl

Homer ignores most of his toys. Actually, I don't remember the last time he played with them. He prefers sticks and pine cones from our garden. Chewing and destroying them is one of his favorite activities;)

claudine, Apr 23, 2015
  14. trishgl

Cheap and nice ;) Your Homer keeps surprising me more and more! He is not a high maintenance doggy. I honestly think dogs can entertain themselves with almost anything :) They need less toys than children, but I know some people who don't think the same way I do (they get their cats and dogs lots of toys).

Trellum, Apr 24, 2015
  15. trishgl

I've saved a lot of money since I stopped buying Homer new toys:) He doesn't want them anyway. Dogs really can entertain themselves with almost anything. When Homer was a puppy, he loved chasing plastic bottles and pulling curtains in my room:)

claudine, Apr 24, 2015
  16. trishgl

Awwwwwww!!! How cute!!!!! So now he no longer chases plastic bottles? :) My frida has always been such a calm dog, never a biter, just a sleeper and a eater :p She enjoyed playing around in the garden, sniffing around the garden looking for ratties, lol.

Trellum, Apr 25, 2015
  17. trishgl

Unfortunately, chasing plastic bottles doesn't entertain him anymore. Now, he only wants to play with pine cones;)
    Was Frida calm when she was a puppy?:)

claudine, Apr 26, 2015
  18. trishgl

Yes, she was probably too calm! At least indoors, she was just lying down on her doggy bed! She didn't like to run after things or play fetch, she was a bit like ''meh''. She was only happy outside :) Playing in the garden, around the chili plants :p Sniffing the scent of ratties hiding nearby (schnauzers were created for rat catching). So that was and still is her hobby... dreaming about the rats she might never catch, lol.

Trellum, Apr 26, 2015
  19. trishgl

That's really cute! Lazy dogs are adorable:) My Homer was a crazy puppy. He used to run full speed around the house.
    We don't have rats here, but I think Homer would love to find one. He keeps digging holes and sniffing everything in our garden.

claudine, Apr 28, 2015
  20. trishgl

Hehehehehe, imagine that!!!! I have never seen a yorkie with a rat in their snout! That would be a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting sight. Hehehehe! I love small dogs :) If i decide to have another dog once my Frida is gone I'll surely pick a yorkie.

Trellum, Apr 28, 2015
Ask a Question