What does your dog bring you from outside?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by claudine, Sep 6, 2014.

1. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer spends a lot of time in our garden. He can go there whenever he wants to, because back doors are always open. He is one of those few dogs who don't like sticks. They don't interest him at all. But he loves fir-cones! I can't tell you how many fir-cones lie in my room. I think there are more than 20 of them right now.
    Also, he brings home a lot of apples:p Sometimes I don't notice them and they start rotting:eek:
    What does your dog bring you from the outside?

claudine, Sep 6, 2014
  2. claudine

Trellum Well-Known Member

My dog doesn't like to bring anything from outside, my schnauzer is a boring little dog, lol. My pug (RIP) liked to bring many kinds of things in. My poor thing, I think it was something she chewed that killed her :( My schnauzer is very picky tho, doesn't like to chew on things or bring things from outside.

Trellum, Sep 6, 2014
  3. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

Trellum, I'm so very sorry for your loss! How old was she? I'd be heartbroken if something happened to my Homer, so I can imagine how you feel:( Do you think she ate something poisonous? A dog on my street died, because someone gave him poisoned food:( People who do things like this should be locked in a prison:mad:

claudine, Sep 7, 2014
  4. claudine

Johanna Well-Known Member

Nothing only muddy lol! Pawz

Johanna, Apr 15, 2016
  5. claudine

remnant Well-Known Member

My current dogs don't stray much from their abode though we give them a free reign. They are very disciplined and when we go out with them, they love foraging around looking for something tasty though am not sure whether they find it or are just looking for fun. The only thing they bring home on a regular basis is the seeds of wild plants which cling to their coats.

remnant, Apr 26, 2016
  6. claudine

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Nothing at all besides some dirt every now and then. A few times I had to fight to get them leave bones they found while out in the road.

Winterybella, Apr 26, 2016
  7. claudine

Corzhens Well-Known Member

We have a concrete garden in the front yard which is surrounded by plants and small trees. That area is the toilet of our dogs. When we let them out, they go straight to that concrete garden and after doing their thing, they linger a bit to look for something that they can bring inside. The frond of the money tree is their favorite. We call it "their cigarette" because they usually bite it and it looks like a cigarette in their mouth while scampering inside the house. And once inside the house, they would chew on the frond until it is turned into bits and pieces.

Corzhens, Apr 26, 2016
    Winterybella likes this.
  8. claudine

Snary84 Member

I have a garden and like you I keep the door open so my dogs can go out whenever they want. I have fruit trees so they bring inside all sort of fruit and they hide it in the most ridiculous places. Once I found a fig in one of my shoes. Moka is lazy so she won't go beyond the occasional lemon, fig or tangerine but Diana loves hunting lizards and sometimes, when she manages to catch one (a very rare occurrence) she bring it inside and most of the time she leaves it on my couch, whole if I'm lucky!
    Thankfully they don't bring stuff on my bed, maybe because it's theirs too! :)

Snary84, Apr 27, 2016
    Winterybella likes this.
  9. claudine

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Now I am reading more comments, I remember when Ginger would bring in some grass in the form of vomit. It was not a pleasant experience. She would be seen eating the grass and then once inside she would throw up. Definitely not the kind of gift I wanted.

Winterybella, Apr 27, 2016
  10. claudine

brooklyn218 Member

As of this morning I was gifted with mud, sticks, and a stone. They LOVE bringing me sticks... Sometimes the sticks are small enough that I do not notice and they sneak them past me.
    The one I have to watch when she is outside of she would bring me squirrels =(

brooklyn218, May 2, 2016
  11. claudine

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Capone doesn't like to be outside by himself, but if he was outside with me, he tends to chew on sticks. If I go in, he goes in; but if I left him outside by himself, 10 seconds later he would be knocking at the door crying to come inside. I am kind of glad that it worked out that way since the place I lived before, had a terrible neighbor.

IcyBC, May 9, 2016
Ask a Question