What do you do with your dog when you travel?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by wahcashmom, Dec 16, 2011.

1. wahcashmom

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

What do you do with your dog when you travel?

I have to end up letting my mom take care of him, he is really picky and will not just stay with anyone. He does not like going to the Vet to stay lol!

wahcashmom, Dec 16, 2011
  2. wahcashmom

MakingCents Well-Known Member

Well when my sister is in town she comes to our house and stays with him. This makes him a happy boy! When she's away at school he has to go to the boarding facility. He likes it there ok and they are very good with all of his issues but it still makes me nervous! He's so very untrustworthy!

MakingCents, Dec 16, 2011
  3. wahcashmom

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I find it very difficult to leave Candy with anyone. Mainly because she doesn't get on with just any old Tom, Dick or Harry. I did leave her once with the vet. Boy, was she annoyed at me when I came back for her.

Victor Leigh, Dec 16, 2011
  4. wahcashmom

zararina Well-Known Member

When I travel just like having out of town, other relatives take care of the dogs. We live in a compound and so it was "our" pets and we take care of them. Someone could always take care of the dogs since we also can not just all leave altogether.

zararina, Dec 16, 2011
  5. wahcashmom

classy_ally Member

I have been taking Lola with me. But I know when I go to gamble I will not be able to take her. So she will end up in a nice doggie hotel. It's hard to leave your baby at home.

classy_ally, Dec 20, 2011
  6. wahcashmom

MakingCents Well-Known Member

Haha that's funny, we call the kennel where we take our dog the 'dog hotel' too. We even tell him when we leave that he's going to the hotel where they take good care of him. If you find a nice place it's so wonderful because you can leave knowing that your baby is well taken care of.

MakingCents, Dec 20, 2011
  7. wahcashmom

summerRain Well-Known Member

My dog is very friendly so i don't have a hard time leaving it with my brother and close friends. Oftentimes, I always bring my dog where ever I go but I find it difficult to bring him when I am going to go out of town or out of the country.

summerRain, Dec 20, 2011
  8. wahcashmom

classy_ally Member

Yeah, that is funny. It makes it sounds classy! lol!:p

classy_ally, Dec 20, 2011
  9. wahcashmom

PuppyChow Well-Known Member

My younger cousins love oscar so I just leave him with them for the weekend. I of course pack him a bag with toys and food. I also bring a blanket for him because he loves it. I don't bring the kennel because he likes to run free and sleep anywhere comfortable.

PuppyChow, Dec 21, 2011
  10. wahcashmom

Shawn Active Member

I have great family members who will come by a feed him. I had to go out of state to cover surveillance and tactical security for a labor strike once, it was about 5 hours south of my house. My family and friends came by every day and fed/watered him and played with him. But still when I got back, he went nuts, haha, If I leave for 5 minutes, when I come back its like I have been gone forever to my Grunt :p

Shawn, Dec 21, 2011
  11. wahcashmom

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

That's my biggest problem with my dogs. I can't bear to leave them with anyone. I am just too worried about how they would be handled. So hardly any traveling left for me. I compensate by exploring cyber space instead.

Victor Leigh, Dec 25, 2011
Ask a Question