What colour is my dog seeing?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Winterybella, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Winterybella

Trellum Well-Known Member

Yes, she was fuming! We kept the dog until the end :p She loved that horrible dog, he was so vicious, it's the dog I told you about, the one who bite my childhood friend and changed my childhood experience. Wow really? I think I noticed my first one when I was 16, not sure if it was stress or just genetics!

Trellum, May 7, 2015
  2. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

Some dogs are too aggressive:(
    My mom had a really horrible dog too when she was a teenager. He was nice to strangers and mean to the family. He used to bite them without any warning, they all were scared of him:( Once, he bit my mom's friend in the face!:eek:

claudine, May 8, 2015
  3. Winterybella

OMG!!! Really???? Did your mom's friend sustain serious injuries on her face? God, that out to be one of the most scary experiences ever. I'd feel so afraid if a dog bite me in the face...!!!!

Trellum, May 8, 2015
  4. Winterybella

As far as I know, he was bleeding really hard and almost fainted, but the injury didn't leave any scars. It happened many years before I was born, so I never met that evil dog. My family had to give him away.

claudine, May 9, 2015
  5. Winterybella

Wow, that is awful! Bleeding heavily but no scars? Man, that girl must be so lucky! I've always believed the worst place where a dog can bite someone will always be the face... mostly because of the scars and our delicate noses!!!!! My mom was once bitten on the tip of the ose by a tiny mini cup tea sized chihuahua, lol. It was so funny, because she did no damage... she was tiny!

Trellum, May 10, 2015
  6. Winterybella

I'm so glad she did no damage! Your mom was lucky. Cup sized chihuahuas are tiny, but they can bite really hard when they're angry. One of my friends got bitten by a Dachshund puppy. Now, he's scared of this breed even though he's a really strong and tall adult man;)

claudine, May 10, 2015
  7. Winterybella

Hehehe, yes, being bitten by a dog can be such a scary experience! I have never been bitten big a dog (not badly), but I can imagine how fearful I'd feel after an incident like that!

Trellum, May 11, 2015
  8. Winterybella

I've never been bitten either. Like you know, Homer gets angry very easily, but he has never bitten me hard. He just wants to scare me, not hurt me;)

claudine, May 11, 2015
  9. Winterybella

Aw that is s sweet of him! My mom's vicious dog wasn't that kind, he actually bite me once, but he didn't know how to bite, lol, so didn't make me bleed or anything like that. He just applied pressure on my leg. He did the same with the other people he bite, he was more aggressive to them though, because he did it all of a sudden and even knocked down an old lady :eek:

Trellum, May 12, 2015
  10. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

20150507_095210_resized_1.jpg 20150511_140653_resized_1.jpg Trellum here are the pics you requested. I spent the entire day at the shop yesterday. It was really slow and I only have a few mint blouses. They are for my mature ladies. About the store I tried to get the best angle not to mention I prefer to show off men's items. I also prefer to shop for men.

Winterybella, May 12, 2015
  11. Winterybella

Oh no:eek: Did he hurt her? I'm sure she was terrified!
    Homer bit me today, but he did it by accident. We were playing in the garden and he wanted to take a pine cone from my hand. Unfortunately, he missed it and bit my finger:confused:

claudine, May 13, 2015
  12. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your friendly bite. I hope it's not a bad bite. Ginger has teeth like ice picks and she is hyper so if I try to give her something from my had those sharp edged swords stick me. I guess there can make us see red or blue sometimes. I hope there was no bleeding.

Winterybella, May 13, 2015
  13. Winterybella

There was a little bleeding, but my hand doesn't hurt me anymore:) I'm sure it will heal fast. Homer is a very sweet and loving dog, but he doesn't think. When he wants something, he takes it, lol. And he really wanted to have that pine cone.

claudine, May 13, 2015
  14. Winterybella

KimmyMarkks Active Member

I always thought that dogs and other animals only see black, white and grey. I am pretty sure they don't have as much color sense as humans. Maybe the sweater smelled different? I never really paid attention if my dogs responded differently to colors. But I know that dogs compensate for their lack of vision for their sense of smell.

KimmyMarkks, Nov 25, 2015
  15. Winterybella

I thought so too, KimmyMarkks, but my Homer always lights up when he sees pale green things, so it clearly is his favorite color:) All his beloved blankets and pillows are pale green. He doesn't let anyone touch them.
    He wanted my sister's pale green sweater too;)

claudine, Nov 26, 2015
  16. Winterybella

Djordje87 Active Member

Of course they see colours. They do not see the same colours lie wee do or with the same amount of brightness but they see. That is somehow connected with some cones or receptors of light, so i was told by our vet. We have more of those and more different which is important for different shades of colours. I guess the fact their sight is limited made their other senses more prominent. Like when a blind person can smell things a person who can see is not able.

Djordje87, Nov 26, 2015
  17. Winterybella

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I think they do see some colors as when I asked Capone "where is your GREEN ball", he went and fetched it for me. Same as yellow and red ball! He can tell the difference. So I believe he does!

IcyBC, Dec 18, 2015
  18. Winterybella

Luckily he didn't know how to bite, so it was only pressure. I have no idea how my mom could put up with that horrible dog for so many years, specially after that horrid incident. Did he bite you very hard? :( My dog bite me by accident once too when I was trying to give her a treat. She has been very careful ever since.

Trellum, Dec 18, 2015
  19. Winterybella

People get attached to their dogs even if they're dangerous:( My friend got severely bitten by her mom's dog (she had to go to the hospital:eek:) and they still have that dog. Her mother refused to get rid of him.
    My friend is constantly terrified:confused: That dog is a crazy monster.
    Homer didn't bite me hard:)

claudine, Dec 18, 2015
  20. Winterybella

Oh no :( Does your friend still live with her mom?? If so, poor girl! I'd not blame her for not wanting to visit her mom, I'd not like to be in a house with a dog that could bite me and send me to the hospital D: Poor girl! What breed is that dog by the way? My mom's was an Australian cattle dog:

[​IMG]

I think they must have some dingo in them o_O That dog was wild!

Trellum, Dec 24, 2015
Ask a Question