What colour is my dog seeing?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Winterybella, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Winterybella

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hehehehe, just yesterday I was tempted to consider a mint colored blouse ;) Hehehe, but in the end I thought no, not now, I don't feel daring enough ;) Yes, I recommend it to you, if you have a nice park where you can peaceful walk your dogs... go for it!!! Believe me, if we had a place like that nearby I would gladly go there daily, fortunately the place I'm moving to has it :) That is one of the few advantages I see of moving to that ''first world'' country, that and the cheap hazelnuts/almonds/cashews... What kind of clothes do you sell? I'd lose to see a picture of your store!! specially your clothes!!!! I loooooooooove fashion!!!!!!!

Trellum, Apr 30, 2015
  2. Winterybella

Same here, small mint colored accessories are nice, just like mint nail polish. Clothes? Well, it seems mint is in now... I've seen a lot clothes in that color lately, but... I pass for now. I've seen a lot dog clothes in that color a lot lately as well :D Neon colors seem to be in too, at least over here.

Trellum, Apr 30, 2015
  3. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I don't like how it's looking at present. It needs an overhaul truthfully speaking. From the beginning of the year I gave my son more responsibility so it has taken on a more urban look and he carries stuff that caters to a different demographic: mostly younger street folks. A lot of my more mature customers have either left me or complain when they visit. I want to get an online store going but I am not too computer savvy and I believe it's something the younger brains should be helping more with. I will send you some pics eventually. I am wondering what mint thing I have that I can share.

If can sneak the girls in, maybe they can help me "pull" some stuff out.

Winterybella, Apr 30, 2015
  4. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of mint colored clothes too, but it's not my style at all. I like black:) As for neon colors, in my opinion they're tacky:confused:
    Most of Homer's things are black, because he's a boy:) He has a black harness and a dark blue dog sweater.

claudine, Apr 30, 2015
  5. Winterybella

I like dark colors as well :) In my opinion those colors are classic and a must for every girls wardrobe, but I must admit I have liked some neon colored clothes :p I got as a present a orange/grey stripped top from a friend yesterday, not so bad,, but I'd never wear a top that is entirely green neon, lol. Awful! My friday wears a red collar ;) Because she is a girl, she has a very nice green sweater :) She has more, but the green one is my favorite one!

Trellum, May 1, 2015
  6. Winterybella

Have you thought of trying Ebay??? You can set u your own online store so easily!!! All you need is a camera to take pictures of your mannequins wearing your designs :) I'm sure you can make it on Ebay, just get more info on how it works, I know some people selling there.

Trellum, May 1, 2015
  7. Winterybella

A red collar and green sweater sound perfect for a female dog!:) This color combination reminds me of Christmas;) If Homer wasn't a boy, I'd buy him more colorful clothes. I bet he'd look cute in pink:D

claudine, May 2, 2015
  8. Winterybella

worldmachine Member

Dogs can see in a limited range of colours and they use this visual spectrum to distinguish between objects and select certain items from a line up. It was thought for decades that dogs could only see in black and white but this has been disproved.

Human eyes have three cones that detect colour and can identify red, blue, green and yellow wavelengths created by light entering the eye. Dogs only have two cones so they can distinguish between blue and yellow, but not red and green.

worldmachine, May 2, 2015
  9. Winterybella

It's green moss. I don't like colors that are too flashy, red is flashy enough, so I saw that green moss sweater and knew it was perfect for my girl :) Hahahaha, why not? Try it ;) I bet he'd get a lot compliments on pink ;) Ive always thought that pink really suits yorkies :)

Trellum, May 2, 2015
  10. Winterybella

Green moss is a beautiful color!:) I'm sure Frida looks super cute in it.
    Today, I'm wearing a gray sweater and Homer is wearing a gray collar;) We're matching.

claudine, May 2, 2015
  11. Winterybella

Thank you, I think it suits her, because she is salt and pepper colored and has a beard :D I saw an emerald green sweater as well, but she doesn't wear it often. Looks nice too. That sounds so nice! I love gray sweaters!! Does he have a grey sweater to match too?

Trellum, May 3, 2015
  12. Winterybella

I have been spending endless nights researching Ebay, Amazon, Shopify and much more. I have been pleading with my son to get on board as he's much better at understanding systems than I am. He's just not buying it so far and spends hours online sourcing his sneakers which is his real passion. Where those sites are concerned, my major hurdle is going to be dealing with the logistics. Exporting from my country can be very, very expensive.

Anyway, about the colours I thought green was somewhere in there when it came to what colours the dogs can see. Whose salt and pepper? Freda? Then she can hang with me as I have salt and pepper. Homer in pink sounds lovely. I almost tell my male friends/customers who are averse to pink, that real men wear pink and are unafraid. Over the years pink has always been in the fashion conversation. As it relates to neon, my son has been buying lots of those colours recently.

Winterybella, May 3, 2015
  13. Winterybella

Unfortunately not:( The only sweater he has is dark blue. I don't plan to buy him more clothes, because he refuses to wear them. It would be a waste of money:(

claudine, May 3, 2015
  14. Winterybella

Oh but he doesn't refuse the blue one, right? I think some dogs are not made to wear clothes, my mom's dog hated them, even if it was cold outside he'd tear apart his sweater :O Is Homer a biter? Does he like to bite things into bits???

Trellum, May 4, 2015
  15. Winterybella

Oh, it sounds a lot like my country, over there is kinda expensive and hard to export and import things. I've always wondered how those people from my country who sell things online can deal with the logistics? I have heard there are courses offered over here to learn how to do it, but i haven't really looked into that. The good thing about Ebay is that you can easily make the buyer pay the postage cost :) But I can imagine there is more to that.

Trellum, May 4, 2015
  16. Winterybella

Not really. Homer likes tearing up paper, but he has never destroyed anything valuable. Usually, he chews on his pine cones. There are many of them everywhere, because he insists on bringing them home from the garden;)
    My aunt's dog hated wearing clothes too.

claudine, May 4, 2015
  17. Winterybella

Who's salt and pepper is what I meant. I wish you could correct stuff longer after the fact but I am sure you know what I meant. Trellum, I am exploring things like drop shipping but I do really want my son to get on board. I should be winding down and going on cruises and walking my dogs enjoying what colours they can distinguish. That happy stress free live. :) The great business ideas for the millions to bring in should be left for the young minds like you and Claudine.

Winterybella, May 4, 2015
  18. Winterybella

Drop shipping sounds like a good choice, I was looking into that when I was younger, couple years longer, but I found it a little too hard to find reliable providers :( So I gave up. I know some people who do it, but they won't reveal their secret :( As for the salt and pepper... that is frida! But believe it or not, I'm just 28 years old and already have some pepper on the front of my head... a little bit like ''Rogue'' from the X men, lol:

[​IMG]

My chunk of white hair isn't so big, but you get the idea ;)

Trellum, May 6, 2015
  19. Winterybella

Fortunately he is very small ;) My mom's vicious dog destroyed a very expensive sweater she had just bought, yup... torn to pieces all over the floor. Litle chucks of fabric, this dog didn't care or think twice... lol.

Trellum, May 6, 2015
  20. Winterybella

Oh no! I can imagine how angry she was!
    As for the salt and pepper, my friend found the first white hair on her head when she was 18;) Homer had hair like Rogue from the X men when he was a puppy:p

claudine, May 6, 2015
Ask a Question