What are they saying?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

I hope so. There must be something more.
    You know, the night my mom died her friend had a dream about her. She was dressed in light blue clothes and talked to him.
    In reality, she really lied under a light blue blanket, dressed in light blue clothes. There is no way he could know about it, because he didn't see her at the hospital.
    So maybe she really visited him in his dream?
    When he woke up and his wife, my mom's best fried, told him what happened, he said: "I know she died, she came here to say goodbye".
    It's quite weird, isn't it?

claudine, Sep 17, 2015
  2. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I've had similar experiences, I do think they do visit you, specially in dreams. When my grandma died I was only 16 years old, when I was around 17 or so...I had a weird dream, we could see my mom below (we were above) and my mom was crying over my grandma... my grandma then looked at me and said: please tell her to stop doing that, it overwhelms me''. I told my mom about the dream, she told me that she still cried (but I had no idea, she tried to keep it secret!).

Also when my grandma's sister was going to die I had a ''dream'' in which he told me his sister was leaving soon. Her sister had been sick for a while, but stable for years. We got a phone call, she died the day after that. I try to be rational, but this kind of things do make me believe there is definitely more to this.

I do think your mom visited her friend in his dream. Maybe one of these days she will visit you too. My grandma visited me a lot the first months she died (many dreams, she even warned me about my disease).

Trellum, Sep 17, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  3. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

If my mom was in the forum, she'd be preaching to you about the resurrection and what Jehovah has in store for mankind. Sometimes I have to tell her to stop being so preachy but I know she means well.It's what she believes in heart and taught me as a child. I like Trellum believe there has to more to this life.

These days I don't practice my faith as I used to and my son has become somewhat of an agnostic. Often he asks me questions about life and creation that I cannot answer and then it leaves me questioning my own faith. I believe that we are too wonderfully made to be products of chance and there had to an intelligent designer. Some say that as humans we want to have something to believe in so that we can carry on and it is the concept of a God. I have to say that on many dark days it's the only concept that keeps me going. Of my dogs I often tell people, " God has been good to me, he gave me four dogs" and while it might seem like a joke, I really believe it to be true.

Claudine, listen to what you heart is telling you and will find a way forward. If there is a Creator as I believe there is, I believe he'll find a way for you to open your heart to him. Much love to you, Homer and the rest of family during this difficult period.

Winterybella, Sep 17, 2015
  4. Trellum

Oh, your parents were Jehovah witnesses? My mom was going to their meetings and to study the bible with them (just to pass the time, according to her) she has actually experimented with a lot religions so far, lol. I don't mind it anymore, whatever works for her is good for me, @Winterybella

@claudine How are we feeling today, sunshine?

Trellum, Sep 20, 2015
  5. Trellum

:);) I know a lot like your mom. I tell come anyway. Some might consider me somewhat of a rebel because I don't do as much as I should. I am not a yes person and neither am I preachy. I respect people's beliefs but hold dearly to my own. I think my girls should be able to come with me to my meetings. Ginger and Zola would cause quite a stir. Remy would be great. I hope Claudine is doing as well as her circumstances allow.

Winterybella, Sep 20, 2015
  6. Trellum

Trellum - thank you so much for telling me about your dream. It really made me feel better. Whenever I hear about things like this, it gives me hope. So thank you!:)
    Winterybella - I don't believe in god, because I don't think anyone good could create a world like this. But I hope one day I'll believe in the afterlife without any doubt.

I've caught a cold and I have high fever, so I have to stay at home, can't visit my family. I haven't seen Homer in a week:(

claudine, Sep 22, 2015
  7. Trellum

@claudine I'm glad my dream made you feel better! I hope you can experience something similar soon, so you can start believing in the after life very soon. To be honest I am not sure what to believe in anymore... I do think there is something in my mom's house, but I'm not sure I do believe in ghosts D: By the way, a friend of mine works at a morgue, and she says that every time they take a new body in the lights start flickering.

@Winterybella That is very good, and I am sure a lot people appreciate that! I've come across with a lot preachy people, and let me tell you it wasn't nice. But the worse kind is those people like that clerk in the US who doesn't want to issue marriage licences to couples of the same sex. That kind of people I can't stand.

Trellum, Sep 22, 2015
  8. Trellum

Claudine, so sorry you are not feeling well. Stress can weaken the immune system so please be careful and try to take good care of your health. I can preach health better than I live it. I have so many questions even at my age about God, but at the end of the day someone has to be responsible for creating this universe and this wonderfully designed body of ours. The question I'd try to answer in another forum is why a good God would ALLOW bad things to happen.

I hope you get to see Homer soon. You are going to have to explain why you have been missing in action. Please get well soon.

Winterybella, Sep 22, 2015
  9. Trellum

My sister sent me a picture of Homer, so at least I could see him:) He's as cute as he was a week ago:)
    I'm still sick and my boyfriend is sick too, so we sit at home and do nothing except taking medications and feeling awful, but I hope it will pass.
    Trellum - I'm not sure what to believe in anymore either. I don't think there is such thing as ghosts, but maybe people are more than just their bodies. Every day, I hear so many weird stories. Almost everyone who lost someone dear experienced something weird. So maybe death isn't the end of everything? I don't know. I just hope it's not.
    Winterybella - stress really can weaken the immune system. I think I got sick because I'm so unhappy. But, to be honest, it helps a little. When my head hurts so badly, I don't have enough energy to think about what happened.

claudine, Sep 23, 2015
    Trellum likes this.
  10. Trellum

Winterybella, Sep 23, 2015
  11. Trellum

I really think death is not the end :) But I'm not even sure we will truly ever know, not even after we die. I just hope I can't corroborate that anytime soon. But all those experiences I have had have led me to believe there is a big chance our loved ones still exist in another plane of existence. I really think so.

Trellum, Sep 23, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  12. Trellum

I sometimes think so too. And I don't know if it's real or maybe I'm just cheating myself, but from time to time I feel my mom's presence.
    Sometimes I think that there is an afterlife for animals as well.

claudine, Sep 25, 2015
  13. Trellum

@claudine I think our souls are real and go somewhere when we die. I think dogs and cats are also included, because they are really smart animals and they definitely have a soul :) If you feel her presence, then there is a big chance she is there with you. Do you ever hear strange noises? Like cracking of furniture?

Trellum, Sep 25, 2015
  14. Trellum

No, I've never heard anything weird. I just feel her. Sometimes, when I'm really sad, I calm down immediately and unexpectedly. It's like being covered with a blanket. I can't explain it.
    On the other hand, there are days when I feel miserable and nothing happens.

claudine, Sep 26, 2015
  15. Trellum

I'm really glad you fixed your differences and became so close. I really think that feeling you get is definitely her trying to calm you down :) Maybe those days you feel nothing happens are the days she is not there with you, because maybe she is with your dad, or your sister or one of her friends. There is a big chance that's the reason.

Trellum, Sep 27, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  16. Trellum

Maybe. I hope so. My dad needs her the most.
    And yes, we became really close. I visited her every day when she was in a hospital and we had a chance to talk about everything. Those were heartbreaking moments, but I liked it in a way. Before she got sick, we rarely talked. During the last months I realized how much she loves me and how wonderful it is to spend time with her.

claudine, Sep 29, 2015
    Trellum likes this.
  17. Trellum

@claudine I'm very happy to read that, because I am aware of how things were with your parents before all this (I don't have such a great memory, but some things stick around more than others for some reason). But I am so glad you made peace, it's never late for that kind of things :) I had the feeling you would one day.

Trellum, Sep 29, 2015
Ask a Question