What are some crazy things your dog does?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by classy_ally, Dec 20, 2011.

1. classy_ally

classy_ally Member

My Lola is so sneaky. If she is running really fast away from me, it means she has something good that she wants to chew on. I was taking a shower one day and Lola likes to sit in the bathroom too. Well, all of a sudden I see this black nose slowly come through the shower curtain trying to snatch my soap! What a character!:eek:

classy_ally, Dec 20, 2011
  2. classy_ally

zararina Well-Known Member

My dog was like going wild or crazy (he was jumping all around, going in circles and barking) when it was feeding time already as if he does not eat for months. LOL
    He also just scratch his face repeatedly when lying down when he was bored.

zararina, Dec 20, 2011
  3. classy_ally

Shawn Active Member

My dog springs up on all four legs and goes higher than I stand tall and I am 6'5" tall ;)

He also LOVES to play and when he gets real excited, he will bump you with his butt trying to knock you down to the ground, lol.

What really makes me laugh is when I pickup his water bowl to refill it, he will run away with his head down like I am going to throw water on him but when it rains really heavy, he will stand out in it LOL, he is a crazy mutt!

Shawn, Dec 21, 2011
  4. classy_ally

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Candy is descended from dogs which lived on raft houses floating on the river. So being in water, for Candy, is a natural thing. Her favorite pass time is to lie in a tub of water and sleep with her head resting on the edge.

Victor Leigh, Dec 25, 2011
  5. classy_ally

King Browny Well-Known Member

I once had a pup that would sleep in the bathroom. When you can’t find him anywhere in the house, you will sure to find him in the bathroom, sound asleep.

King Browny, Dec 26, 2011
  6. classy_ally

summerRain Well-Known Member

My dog loves to show his grinning teeth then barks at me. When I ignores him he will start wagging his tail and lick my toes and I think he is crazy but sweet!

summerRain, Dec 26, 2011
    SassyMomma likes this.
  7. classy_ally

amy005 Well-Known Member

My dog always sits in the bathtub and whines when he is thirsty and out of water and wants us to refill his water dish for him. It is pretty funny cause we always knows that is what he wants. Makes it easier to fill his needs! That is for sure.

amy005, Jan 3, 2012
  8. classy_ally

I think the craziest that our dogs did was to pee in our neighbor’s living room. And there were three of them who did this, always in that one same apartment. Maybe because in the beginning they are not caught but well, they were sighted to come out of the door and well, got caught in the act soon enough. I think this has something to do with our neighbor’s bitch. That’s what came to mind because you know, they have grassland for comfort room why when that neighbor live in that apartment with their bitch our dogs would start urinating in their living room?

King Browny, Jan 6, 2012
  9. classy_ally

Maybe it's a macho thing for dogs to do in front of bitches. Can't be sure, though, since I have had bitches most of the time so I didn't have much experience with the males of the species.

Victor Leigh, Jan 7, 2012
  10. classy_ally

Nick87 Well-Known Member

My little dog has recently found a liking towards stealing my socks and running away with them...then putting them somewhere and licking my feet. It's not so pleasant to wake up to, but the dog is so adorable you can't help but to laugh about it.

Nick87, Jan 15, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  11. classy_ally

He does sound adorable. How did he learn that habit? What’s with your feet? Haha!

King Browny, Jan 16, 2012
    SassyMomma likes this.
  12. classy_ally

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

I have to write about my dog who I don't have anymore, because I don't have one at present, but she was a terrier mix about 30 pounds and could jump twice her height...she would catch tennis balls into her mouth over and over and over until the point of exhaustion. I had to make my grandchildren stop throwing because she had no sense when she was exhausted.
    Also, one of my daughter's dogs a pit bull mix, will go through an "electric fence" nothing stops him....he is smart enough to know it only stings for a second...and he also opens doors with his nose and loose handle and lets his other 2 brothers out

SallyintheValley, Jan 26, 2012
  13. classy_ally

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Bitsy my miniature dachshund likes to swim in the pool in the summer time. When we're in the pool she comes up to the side and begs until we put her in.

SheWolfSilver, Jan 28, 2012
  14. classy_ally

shem Member

Popops my Labrador, he stays outside to sleep or take rest. He only go inside just to poop and pee, my Auntie wants my dog to have a collar and leash but my dog is too strong and have a sharp teeth so collar and leash are no use to him. My dog don't know any tricks even an easy fetch, some says "practice makes perfect" but, it's been a year he's been trained and it seems he's no good for tricks. With all those crazy things he does he's still my best friend. :D

shem, Jan 29, 2012
  15. classy_ally

saizo6 Member

Toby, my chihuahua, gets really crazy when he sees other animals on television. It doesn't matter if it's other dogs, or horses, or even cows. He'd start spazzing then he'd run up to the television and hang off the stand barking and growling at the animal on screen. We'd yell at him which causes him to go off and sulk but he's still growling in the direction of the TV.

Another crazy thing he does is he tries to pick a fight with our neighbor's dog even though he's about four times smaller. I guess he's just be a bit territorial but we still think it's amusing. It's a good thing that the neighbor's dog is a really friendly one or Toby will be in trouble.

saizo6, Feb 3, 2012
    SassyMomma likes this.
  16. classy_ally

LOL That's a chihuahua thing, isn't it? I always thought it was anyway. I've always heard the saying that chihuahua were little dogs who thought they were big dogs.

SheWolfSilver, Feb 3, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  17. classy_ally

SassyMomma New Member

My Blaze who is a jack russell terrier, will grab his "baby" which is a stuffed duck and run and squish it so that it makes noises. He is hilarious with it! He used to play tug of war with our other dog Rizzo all the time! :D

SassyMomma, Feb 5, 2012
  18. classy_ally

I am not too sure about Chihuahuas but I am sure about Miniature Pinchers. They definitely think that they are big dogs. Big guard dogs, too. Actually, I read that Miniature Pinchers were bred as watch dogs. Maybe to guard doll houses?

Victor Leigh, Feb 7, 2012
  19. classy_ally

I have actually had a miniature Pinscher and she definitely thought she was a big dog. Pinscher means terrier in German and that is a terrier trait. I've seen them described as fearless, which fit my sassy to a tee.

SheWolfSilver, Feb 7, 2012
  20. classy_ally

mustangsaguaro Member

Not sure if you think this would be crazy or not. But a few years ago a blimp flew over our property. And as you know blimps move very slow. For about 30 minutes my dog ran back and forth on the property chasing and barking at this blimp. Now, whenever anything is in my dogs airspace (birds, or the planes that fly over) she chases and barks at them. I think the fact that she can actually see the big commercial planes that are flying high in the sky is pretty good for a dog her age. She is 14.

mustangsaguaro, Feb 21, 2012
Ask a Question