Ways your dogs have surprised you or made you laugh?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Brentnauer, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Brentnauer

Brentnauer New Member

What are some of the ways your dogs have surprised your by doing something unexpected or outright hilarious?

One of our dogs, Luna, is a mixed-breed and high energy dog. Thankfully our apartment complex has a small dog park with a couple agility items - A 3 foot long tube they can jump through and a hurdle type thing where they jump over a bar.

I was trying to see if I could get Luna to jump over the bar (instead of wandering under it like my basset does), but instead she jumped over the entire thing (the support beams are four feet tall) and landed on her ass right in the mud.

I wish I'd got it on video; I've never laughed so hard in my life :D

Brentnauer, Mar 15, 2015
  2. Brentnauer

Trellum Well-Known Member

Lol! That sounds like a very hilarious experience! I remember when I was little my mom had a dog, he used to jump a lot and stand on his back legs, so one day he was jumping a bit trying to get something from the fence. But instead of catching it he fell backwards! He made a lot noise, lol. I laughed so bad, because he was acting like nothing had just happened.

Trellum, Mar 16, 2015
  3. Brentnauer

claudine Well-Known Member

I once found Homer on our dining table. He was sleeping there:p I know it wasn't hygienic, but I didn't get angry at him. I know how much he likes climbing on furniture. I'm sure it makes him feel bigger;)

claudine, Mar 16, 2015
  4. Brentnauer

wahmed Active Member

My grandparents had a dog that they gave to relatives. They were moving country. A few years later they visited and when they were going home the dog jumped into the car with them

wahmed, Mar 18, 2015
  5. Brentnauer

digitalsatori Member

So Bear is terrified of water and absolutely hates our pool. When we're swimming, he's running back and forth, very nervous about the kids being in the water. We've tried to bring him in to the pool with us, but he will have none of it.

This is important for the hilarity behind this story.

One morning, as I'm getting ready to leave for work, I am on the back patio with Bear. I run back inside for a moment and hear a large splash. When I came back outside, there was Bear, in the pool, swimming for his life. He's in the middle of the pool and I can't grab him from the edge. So, I try to use my most calming voice and call him. He paddles over to the edge and I reach in to pull him up.

Now, here's the thing. Bear is a big dog. Like, over 90 lbs. I'm not a big guy and I have no leverage from the side of the pool and my balance is off. I get him about half-way out of the pool and realize he's very heavy, especially as he's frantically trying to pull himself up on to me.

I am very fortunate that I hadn't put my gear on yet (meaning my wallet, phone, etc.) because I ended up in the pool with him. In my work clothes. Fortunately, everyone else in the house was fast asleep and missed this little adventure.

It's a secret Bear and I will forever share with no one else. So don't ever tell him I told you about this.

digitalsatori, Mar 22, 2015
  6. Brentnauer

Winterybella Well-Known Member

If this was the cat forum, I could go to town on this subject of the dinning table and kitchen counter and like you I could not get angry: all I could do was smile and laugh more when the dog was trying to find a way to end up where the cat was. So that's in a sense one of my 'what makes me laugh" when it comes to one dog in particular. I would just have to laugh at the look of pure confusion she felt when she could not get to all the out of reach places, the cat could.

Winterybella, Mar 31, 2015
  7. Brentnauer

Haha, it must have been funny!
    To be honest, I'm glad dogs aren't as agile as cats. I don't know what would I do if Homer could jump everywhere. Stealing my things is one of his favorite activities:p

claudine, Mar 31, 2015
  8. Brentnauer

Winterybella Well-Known Member

My Zola loves to be in everything and that fact alone often makes me smile. If you are leaving the house, she wants to be first in the car, If you are resting in your bed she wants to be in that. If you are cooking she wants to be in kitchen and when Twinkle was alive she probably wanted to be on the counter. Almost every day she makes me smile as she follows me around and the only time she takes a break is when another person has something to eat and I don't. Out of all my dogs she makes me smile the most. Her mom Remy can be so indifferent at times, she could not care less if Good Friday came late Sunday night and that amuses me about her.

Winterybella, Apr 2, 2015
  9. Brentnauer

Lol, my Cat used to do that, but I think he has learnt his lesson a long time ago :p My dog would never be able to climb that high! Your Homer must be so good at hiking tables and chairs ;)

Trellum, Apr 4, 2015
  10. Brentnauer

He is great at hiking tables, lol:p He's fearless! I always worry that he will fall on his head and hurt himself, this is one of the reasons why I don't like leaving him home alone. He has some crazy ideas:confused:

claudine, Apr 8, 2015
  11. Brentnauer

I know how you feel, they are like children who never grow up, they don't think of danger, just like teenagers, lol. I know because when I was a teenager I was fearless and didn't think of the consequences. I heard that is common in teens.

Trellum, Apr 9, 2015
  12. Brentnauer

That's true. Homer is like a teenager;) He doesn't listen to anyone, gets angry whenever I treat him like a small dog and never thinks of the consequences of his actions. He's adorable:)

claudine, Apr 9, 2015
  13. Brentnauer

What do you do when you say you treat him like a small dog? Just curious, I wonder if that is why he gets upset. I heard most yorkies have no idea how small they really are ;)

Trellum, Apr 10, 2015
  14. Brentnauer

For example, he hates being carried and always bites me when I want to lift him or help him jump somewhere:p He insists on doing everything by himself.

claudine, Apr 10, 2015
  15. Brentnauer

GeeTee Member

Not mine, but a neighbor's mother dog that became my dogs' playmate. I had gotten fed up of her coming over because she and her pups were so nasty. Heard them outside playing one night so I opened the door and called out to my dogs, Lassy and Shadow. They ran to me, but I noticed the other dog went down on the driveway, not moving. I mean... absolutely not moving!

I stood there for a while watching her and scolding my dogs (they didn't care anyway, just wanted me to go so they could continue with their play). I was clapping my hands at the other dog to scare her, but she just didn't move. I became concerned and decided to walk down cautiously. I was wondering if I had cause the dog a heart attack.

Sensing that I was walking down to it, the dog got up and ran off. It was just playing dead, a technique I noted she had taught her pups so well. You'd walk right by them in a clump of bush and would never know they were there if you hadn't seen them go there. I laughed so hard to see a big old dog pull that trick. Not to mention how much she counter scared me when she got up and ran off.

GeeTee, Jul 8, 2016
  16. Brentnauer

ADILHUSSAIN084 Active Member

Dogs can surprise us and make us laugh with their funny behaviors and unique personalities. They have a special way of bringing joy to our lives. If you have questions or need more information about dogs and lemons, please let me know. drink lemon juice

ADILHUSSAIN084, Nov 4, 2023
Ask a Question