Tick tock

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Winterybella, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

It's time I get rid of ticks for good. I thought I had seen the last of them years ago but recently saw some on my outside dog. I was horrified and sure enough I found a few on my smaller dogs a few days after. I used taktic on my bigger dog and diluted it for the smaller dogs. It's something that has worked in the past and it appears it's working now. I just want to never see them again,

I honestly thought I had seen the last of them years ago. It's not a pretty sight and the dogs are miserable scratching all the time. Have you ever had to deal with this problem?

Winterybella, Mar 9, 2015
  2. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

I hate ticks, they're nasty creatures:(
    A year ago, we bought Homer a special dog collar. It repels ticks and fleas. As far as I remember, it costed around $20.

claudine, Mar 9, 2015
  3. Winterybella

I used to buy the collars but I heard they didn't always work not that I could say for sure. I am pretty sure when I had seen them years ago the dog was wearing a collar. Yet, the other problem I have with any kind of collar is that when the small dogs go out to run around and play with the bigger dog, the collars all end up being broken. What I have to do now is take off the collars off every time they go outside. I used to get all excited about buying fancy collars but not so much anymore.

Still I am thinking that the problems always starts with the bigger dog so I should probably start with her and get her the flea and tick collar. She is the big queen and none of her collars have ever been broken as far as I can remember. Thanks Claudine. They are nasty creatures.I honestly don't want to see another one return.

Winterybella, Mar 9, 2015
  4. Winterybella

Trellum Well-Known Member

My surviving dog has a very dense coat, so even if there are ticks hiding somewhere in the yard... they won't be able to get thru that coat whenever she goes out! I have never seen a single tick on that dog! And believe me, we had a dog who seemed to pick them from the floor every time. Once she was infested! When we brought her in, she had them everywhere! It was so hard to get rid of them! Some of them hide in the shed... hence every time she went in there she came out with some.

Trellum, Mar 10, 2015
  5. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

Homer's collar hasn't broken yet. He has been wearing it for a few months now. We bought it from our veterinarian.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't look nice at all, it's just a gray, simple collar. But it works better than anything:)

claudine, Mar 10, 2015
  6. Winterybella

wahmed Active Member

Fleas and lice. They will be the end of me. Maxs took forever to get out. We went to visit family in Pakistan and our cooks daughter picked up my little girl and in the process transferred lice. I had a mare getting rid of them

wahmed, Mar 17, 2015
  7. Winterybella

:):) I know it's not funny but they " ending" you had me laughing. If I can deal with them anyone can. I had not seen the ticks for years. Some years ago my big dog had some and I still have vision of it . It was horrible. I did everything I was told and had not seen them for years. Then some weeks ago I saw some on my big dog again then a few on my small dogs. I acted quickly and had things under control.

Then I go and try to save this last one a few days ago and she has loads of them. I saved her on Saturday and today everyone has been treated and appear fine. I am still a little nervous about the new addition.

Winterybella, Mar 18, 2015
Ask a Question