This could save your dog/cat's life

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I had found this online some weeks ago, I have no idea why I had forgotten to post it on here, but I beleive it's better late than never right? I hope a lot folks see it, because am not sure many people know how serious this is, I actually had no idea until I found this weeks ago!!!

[​IMG]

If I recall right when a dog does this is either because he has a serious infection or a brain tumor.

Trellum, Jun 21, 2015
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing this. I had no idea that such behavior can be a sign of a dangerous disease. Fortunately, Homer has never done it. He rarely stands still;)

claudine, Jun 23, 2015
  3. Trellum

Dogs who are seen this die shortly after that :( I heard it's the same with cats, so if you ever see your Homer ever doing this, you will know what to do. None of my dogs ever did this, thankfully!

Trellum, Jun 23, 2015
  4. Trellum

If I ever see Homer doing this, I'll run to the nearest veterinarian clinic as soon as I can and ask for help. But of course I hope it will never happen.

claudine, Jun 24, 2015
  5. Trellum

Sadly I think many people out there are not even aware of this :( I mean, I wasn't aware of this until I saw this some weeks ago :O Let's hope more people see this!

Trellum, Jun 24, 2015
  6. Trellum

I hope so too. I wasn't aware of it either. But I'm sure I'd notice if Homer did something so weird. I often worry about his health and go to the vet whenever something doesn't seem right. I'm an overprotective owner;)

claudine, Jun 24, 2015
  7. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I have never seen a dog do that. I doubt I'll forget it. Thank you for the post!

LilAnn, Jun 28, 2015
  8. Trellum

LilliBee New Member

That's great information! I've seen this same information related to cats, but had no idea it pertained to dogs as well.

LilliBee, Jul 3, 2015
  9. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

The hardest part of being a dag lover is them not being able to tell us what's wrong. Seeing those pooches, knowing what kind of a future they have to look forward to is so sad. They probably had symptoms before that and they just couldn't tell us.

LilAnn, Jul 3, 2015
  10. Trellum

Yeah, just some days ago my mom's dog has some issues... it turns out he had been constipated for a couple days, but my had no idea because it was her husband the one who leans the mess of the dog, and they are not even talking to each other. He is now ok, by the way :) But he had such a rough time.

Trellum, Jul 6, 2015
  11. Trellum

Glad to hear that, I hadn't heard about this until recently and now I am sure I will not forget it.

Yeah, for both of them. To be honest I first saw it related to dogs only, and then found out it was also relevant for cats.

Trellum, Jul 6, 2015
  12. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Whoa..this is good to know! I have not seen Capone does this thankfully. Do they have put their heads against the wall like this as a sign to tell us that they are sick or just went to carry their head low all the time?

IcyBC, Jul 13, 2015
  13. Trellum

Yes, it means they are in great distress, it can be either a brain tumor, poisoning or some other ailment that surely requires immediate medical care. It's the same with cats. This is said to be a true medical emergency for both of them.

Trellum, Jul 13, 2015
  14. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I know my fair share about dogs... everyday sort of things. This is exactly the type of info I need on hand. I know very little about the uncommon signs.

LilAnn, Jul 15, 2015
  15. Trellum

Same here, LilAnn! That is why I thought this info graph could be so very useful for all the owners out there. I think it's not easy to forget, I know for sure I won't :)

Trellum, Jul 16, 2015
  16. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

My first dog (that was my responsibility rather than my parents), was taken to the vet what seemed like every other week. I didn't know anything and was always scared she as going to die lol

LilAnn, Jul 16, 2015
  17. Trellum

Awww, what happened to her? Did she get to live a long life? I hope so. I was so afraid to lose my first puppy as well, sadly I did, it was a little pit bull, but I think she had some vision issues. I loved her so much. In the end she did die. It's sad when your gut feeling is right.

Trellum, Jul 17, 2015
  18. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

She lived a VERY long and happy life. Jezzie (short for Jezebel because of her thick eyeliner)At the end she could barely move. She went outside one day and never came back. You could tell time was catching up with her and it was going to happen soon.

LilAnn, Jul 19, 2015
  19. Trellum

Oh, so she went to die somewhere? That is so sad :( Did you ever find her? I can imagine how upset you felt as a kid because you didn't know where she had gone to. I would have felt so upset. But I have heard a lot dogs like to do that, they like to die alone in some sort of cave or quit place.

Trellum, Jul 20, 2015
Ask a Question