The Interesting Story of Xiao Sa

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by haopee, May 31, 2012.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

Xiao Sa followed the cyclists after being tossed a chicken leg.

Now Xiao Sa has her own Weibo account (Chinese Twitter) and is a celebrity because of her persistence in following them all through out their journey.

For a dog, a piece chicken goes a very long way.

haopee, May 31, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  2. haopee

zararina Well-Known Member

That piece of chicken make her believed that someone cares and someone can take care of her. ;)
    She always have a food to eat now and companions as part of those cyclists.

zararina, May 31, 2012
    haopee likes this.
  3. haopee

King Browny Well-Known Member

That’s a beautiful story. Xiao Sa has made a mark for herself, thanks to all this kind cyclists. That piece of chicken is like her lifeline thus she joined the journey to where her lifeline could continue and refurbish with meaning. Glad to know that after a long time of being a stray dog, she’ll finally have a home. :)

King Browny, Jun 1, 2012
    haopee likes this.
  4. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

How I wish every stray dog can find a home. One of things I find weird is why people are still willing to buy from a pet store than adopt at a shelter? There are puppies in a shelter, too.

In our country, purebred dogs are like a status symbol. And I'm fine with reputable breeders, but there are others who breed puppies simply for profit. And they don't care whether the dog is blind or has genetic problems, if they think it can still bear puppies they'll sell it or get it impregnated for the sake of profit.

haopee, Jun 1, 2012
  5. haopee

King Browny Well-Known Member

I think we can’t take the desire from the owner to have a descendant of his/her beloved dogs especially because dogs don’t live that long. And I believe there are rising number of people who already chose to adopt rather than buy a pet. We have members here who already did. Kudos to you guys!
    But of course, there are really people who purchased dogs based on certain breed that they have their eye on maybe like the pet they have before that they grow to love or because they know the high value (with great ability) of this certain breed that they dream of acquiring. As for dog breeding, this one should be regulated. Well, we can’t fall short of any breed of the dogs in the world, do we? But the dog factory, this one should really be close. Unless they could find a home for all the litters that they mass produce which most of the time is not the case, right? Unless they could care for the ones not bought which again is not the case. This one should be made clear to the dog breeder. They should be responsible for the ones not bought, responsible being they see to the welfare of the dog as long as it lives. They should be responsible for all the litters, that they find it a good home. And most of all their dogs and bitches should not be forced to sire and give birth. And I also hope all stray dogs could be like Xiao Sa and come across someone who would love to bring them home.

King Browny, Jun 2, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
Ask a Question