The Garbage Dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by King Browny, May 27, 2012.

1. King Browny

King Browny Well-Known Member

The garbage man would collect, remove and properly dispose your garbage. A garbage dog on the other hand would scatter your stinkies after sneaking and delving his face to the trash bin and savor the taste of what they thought still flavorsome treats thrown there.

How’s your dog as a garbage dog?

King Browny, May 27, 2012
  2. King Browny

zararina Well-Known Member

I think I had a garbage dog once before. But it was only on her "puppy" as she seems to be curious at anything and would want to bite it.
    Our recent dog is not a garbage dog but he would torn papers into pieces if he would be left alone in a room for too long. :p

zararina, May 27, 2012
  3. King Browny

Mystique Active Member

Back home, my neighbour's dog is a garbage dog. The other neighbours were not very happy with the dog because everything was scattered on the road. He would go through the garbage bins every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday, because those were the days the garbage people come to pick the garbage.

Mystique, May 27, 2012
  4. King Browny

^Amazingly though he knows the garbage men’s schedule. I guess that’s how that dog throws pranks at everybody in your neighborhood. :p

King Browny, May 28, 2012
  5. King Browny

argon_0 Well-Known Member

In a a situation that allows...:) The trick is to ensure your garbage does not stink. Wash and allow to dry anything that may stink in the garbage. Plasic bags containers. Any material you can compost do so by having a vegetable scraps bucket.
    Mishka is a vegetable bucket dog.
    We have to make sure she can't get into it. The scraps are for the chickens.

argon_0, May 28, 2012
  6. King Browny

Mystique Active Member

Haha yeah! I think it's also because the neighbour let him out every day on his own, and he probably saw when the bins were out and memorized the days :p In all seriousness, the neighbours were so unhappy with the dog that they complained to the head of the neighbourhood and told my neighbour that they better keep him inside at all times. Not sure what happened to the dog because I moved away.

Mystique, May 29, 2012
  7. King Browny

Well, yeah. It’s not funny really especially when you have to do the process of tidying your garbage again and again. If the owner’s not able to discipline his dog, I can’t imagine what will befall them. What did they say is the punishment if the dog does it again?

King Browny, May 30, 2012
  8. King Browny

Jessi Well-Known Member

I've had dogs get into our garbage before and it's such a pain to cleanup. I think if our dog were to get into the trash, he'd just turn his nose up at the smell anyway and then leave it alone instead, hehe.

Jessi, Jun 20, 2012
  9. King Browny

Besides the grave trouble in cleaning up, garbage goodies do something bad to the dog. All my dogs passed the process of being a garbage dog. They would arrive home for some time smelly and dirty and soon enough had gotten sick to their stomach (literally), vomiting and bed ridden as if poisoned. They are given cure and once they got better, they received the punishment so they won’t feed from the garbage containers again. I don’t know why they still like the garbage stuffs even if they are well fed.

King Browny, Jun 24, 2012
  10. King Browny

Trellum Well-Known Member

Thankfully I don't have a garbage dog anymore, lol. But my mom did, her dog was a garbage dog who would knock over the trashcan, spread the trash all over the sidewalk and just lie on it. Man, that dog was so stinky :p My mom gave the dog a shower often, but he kept doing the same thing over and over.

Trellum, Oct 22, 2014
  11. King Browny

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer likes tearing paper and eating things that aren't edible, so I have to keep all garbage bins out of his reach. Same goes for compost.
    Fortunately, he's tiny and not strong at all, so he can't knock over the trash can by himself.

claudine, Nov 10, 2014
  12. King Browny

maryannballeras Member

We have the same kind of dog! Chichay (I know that the name is quite weird, but I'm Asian, please bear with me) also tears papers and cartons and then eats them afterwards. I get alarmed sometimes. He also ransacks the garbage bin and if we catch him red-handed, he'll just look at us as if to say, "What?"

maryannballeras, Nov 11, 2014
    shinminhee85 and claudine like this.
  13. King Browny

claudine Well-Known Member

Chichay is a great name for a dog! I love it!:)
    Does he get sick after eating paper? My Homer doesn't, but I think that he spits out most of it. My carpets are never clean:eek:

claudine, Nov 20, 2014
Ask a Question