teaching little dogs

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by LilAnn, Jul 29, 2015.

1. LilAnn

Winterybella Well-Known Member

My son always says to me if anyone should take advantage of me it should be him as he's my son. In the canine world if any one should take advantage of us, it should be our dogs...fair is fair;);).

Winterybella, Aug 12, 2015
  2. LilAnn

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hahahaha! I should say the same to my mom :p See what her facial expression is when I tell her that, lol. But yeah, sometimes it's my cat or my dog taking advantage of my good heart. It's so hard not to give in when Frida is whining and Bob is meowing!

Trellum, Aug 12, 2015
  3. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

It only makes sense that they would have the same feelings as we do, regarding things like that. They operate more on instinct than we do, but they still get excited, embarrassed, feeling ignored, spiteful, angry, playful, jealous... If they feel all that, why should anyone assume they don't feel the same way we do?

Do y'all catch yourself teaching them manners? I never just say "move", they respond to "excuse me". When they do something nice, like trying to make me feel better when I'm down, I say "thank you", and when I do something nice for them, I swear they say thank you (in their own way), and I say "you're welcome".

Do I sound like a total nut, now? lmao

LilAnn, Aug 12, 2015
Ask a Question