Talented Boxer Balancing Act

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Melody, May 11, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

I tried many times to get my Lab to balance a treat on her nose. She'd balance it okay but then when it came to the part where she was supposed to flip it up in the air and catch it she'd always do it too hard. The treat would go over her head and land on the other side of the room.

I have not tried this trick with Misha. I don't think she would be patient enough.

The boxer in this video has had a lot of practice. It can balance toys on hit's nose!

Can your dog do this?

Melody, May 11, 2012
  2. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

No, our dogs cannot do that, they are not trained for it and they do not have lots of patience.

That bulldog looks serious and cute while he concentrates. :p

zararina, May 11, 2012
  3. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

This dog is very serious about his balancing act! I don't think I have ever seen a dog do this trick so well. He is still and patient. My dog would be jumpy and giddy.

Melody, May 11, 2012
  4. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Aww, she just can't WAIT for her to start saying "good girl." :D

And no, mine definitely can't do that. Buddy is so excitable that the poor thing can't even hold himself still if he knows a treat might be coming.

Jessi, May 12, 2012
  5. Melody

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Hey, that Boxer has an unfair advantage. It's snout slopes upwards instead of downwards like most dogs. That's why it can hold those objects so easily.

Just kidding. It's doing a great job. I wonder how long it took the owner to teach it to do that. Or should I ask how many bags of treats does it take to perfect a trick?

Victor Leigh, May 12, 2012
Ask a Question