Sleep under blanket?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

It really sounds cute:D . But how big is your dog? If my Homer was bigger, I wouldn't worry so much. He is tiny so I'm scared the won't be able to get out from under the blanket, especially when he'll be sleepy.

claudine, Mar 8, 2013
  2. Jessi

rdahl125 Member

My dog is about 40 pounds, so she's not easily lost in blankets! I used to have a little Yorkie, however, and my vet and friends specifically warned me not to let her sleep in the bed with me for that reason exactly -- little dogs can easily get caught in blankets that are heavier than they are or if the blanket gets tangled up. Plus there's always the danger of you rolling onto them in your sleep! So if your dog is really small I'd say it's not a good idea.

rdahl125, Mar 8, 2013
  3. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I would be too scared of letting him sleep in my bed, I don't want to hurt him. But he has his favorite blanket, it's light and really small so I guess it's okay if he sleeps under it on his own couch:) I worry anyway though.

claudine, Mar 9, 2013
  4. Jessi

DappleGrey Well-Known Member

My puppy tends to shake off the covers when we try to cloak her in them. I think her fat and external hair causes her to heat up really quickly. I have a very very fat dog.

DappleGrey, Mar 22, 2013
  5. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Most of my dogs prefer to sleep under my bed instead of under my blanket. That's probably because it's hot here. Even I don't use the blanket that often. Candy especially likes to sleep in the deepest corner under my bed during the day because that's the coolest spot. She doesn't sleep at night.

Victor Leigh, Mar 22, 2013
  6. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

The photos are cute. :)
    Our recent dog does not want a blanket since it was usually hot or warm weather here.

zararina, Apr 1, 2013
  7. Jessi

lifeliveson Well-Known Member

My dogs wont sleep unless its under the blankets. It could be the middle of th night and youll feel them crawl up and nudge my hand so I lift up the blanket and let them under.

lifeliveson, Apr 9, 2013
  8. Jessi

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

One of our dogs did not really like sleeping in people beds. She was fairly large and had a thick coat so it was probably too hot for her. When our first dog was still alive he used to sleep in the bed with my mum and dad. She used to join him there. Once he died she stopped doing that and stayed in her own bed. She was probably only going to the people bed to be with him.
    Our third dog only ever slept with people! She used to go right under the blankets sometimes and you would be unable to see where she was unless you could see the movement from her breathing. She sometimes even slept almost exactly like the dog in Jessi's picture with her head on the pillow and the rest of her under the blankets.

GavinMcresty, May 2, 2013
  9. Jessi

trishgl Well-Known Member

Nope, my dog hates blankets. I also worry that she might suffocate. She loves pillows though and we have an enormous one in the living room she loves sleeping on.

trishgl, May 2, 2013
  10. Jessi

MzMonka Well-Known Member

All my dogs love blankets. They don't sleep in my bed because of their size, we just wont all fit. They do all have their own blankets that they cover themselves with at night. I notice it more in the colder months that they do it but sometimes when the A/C is too much for them they will cover up in the summer.

MzMonka, May 2, 2013
Ask a Question