Size Blind Dogs

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by claudine, Jan 3, 2014.

1. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

Some dogs are size blind. They have absolutely no idea how small and adorable they are:p
    My Homer thinks he's big and dangerous. I'm wondering what would he think if he saw himself in a mirror;)
    This picture made me laugh:

[​IMG]

claudine, Jan 3, 2014
  2. claudine

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hahahaha!!!!!! Yeah, I'm sure my pug would feel the same way. I wonder if those tiny dogs who bark a lot and want to face other dogs that are really big really think they are big as well? Maybe they're in denial ;)

Trellum, Jan 3, 2014
  3. claudine

zararina Well-Known Member

We usually have medium sized dogs and that is the common size of dogs here so, I do not think that they see themselves small or big to others. (not sure since I can't really read their minds... yet. :p)

zararina, Jan 3, 2014
  4. claudine

I'm pretty sure that Homer sometimes thinks he is a human. A giant and dangerous human:p Yesterday, he was sitting on his own chair and he was watching TV with my parents, it was hilarious! I wish he could see himself in a mirror, I bet his facial expression would be priceless!;)

claudine, Jan 7, 2014
  5. claudine

Hahahaha! Your little dog sounds like such a character :) Does he actually pay attention to the TV shows? I mean, once the show finishes he just moves on or does he leave before his ''favorite'' TV is over?

Trellum, Jan 8, 2014
  6. claudine

Haha, no, he doesn't have any favorite TV shows yet:p but I know that he hates movies about animals. Whenever he hears other dogs or cats, he immediately starts barking:)

claudine, Jan 11, 2014
  7. claudine

Oh lol, so he doesn't like to see other pets on TV! I once watched a video of a pug watching a movie, he was watching it and barking sometimes, lol. I might post it here later :)

Trellum, Jan 11, 2014
  8. claudine

To be honest, I'm not sure if he can see other pets on TV. But he definitely hears them and he hates when they make noises. Who knows, maybe he thinks that they hide somewhere in our house and he wants to protect us from them:p

claudine, Jan 16, 2014
  9. claudine

Hehehe, interesting theory :) Probably thinks this is what is going on, and your boy just want to save the day or maybe he is afraid they can leave the TV and get there, hehe! I often wonder what dogs think and how they do it? I mean... could it be like children? Children tend to think some really crazy things.

Trellum, Jan 16, 2014
  10. claudine

Yes, I'm sure that they're just like children:) They have many crazy ideas!
    I know that according to some people dogs don't think, but in my opinion it's not true at all. It's so obvious to me that Homer thinks. I can see it in his eyes when I'm talking to him.

claudine, Jan 20, 2014
  11. claudine

Yeah, I also think thy are capable to think, their way of thinking might be a bit primitive if compared to us, but I'm almost certain they can think of so many things. I read a while ago dogs live in the moment, not the past or he future; just the moment.

Trellum, Jan 24, 2014
  12. claudine

Dogs seem to enjoy every minute of their life:D They don't waste time on missing the past or worrying about the future. I think that it's wonderful:) When they play, their toys are the most important things in the world, when they eat, their food is the most delicious. Dogs know how to appreciate life:)

claudine, Feb 1, 2014
Ask a Question