Sheading.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SirJoe, Aug 16, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe New Member

I have a toy fox terrier and he sheds a lot, you can find his fur all over the show. I know that there are breads that loose more fur then others but is there a way to prevent him from shedding so much?

SirJoe, Aug 16, 2016
  2. SirJoe

IcyBC Well-Known Member

My dog sheds like crazy, despite everything I do! Like you said, some dog breeds just shed more than others and it is a lot more maintaining to do for me. I bought an expensive brush called Magic Pro Deshedding Brush, which claimed to eliminate 95% of shedding. It doesn't work! I can sit there and comb him 24 hours and he still shedding non-stop. It keeps the hair from becoming too much in the house.

I tried to change his food to Purina Pro Plan, with real Salmon, no corn, no wheat, and no soy! This food has the Omega 3 that helps with his skin and fur. I have to say that it works much better than other food, and shedding isn't at all that crazy.

I just switched him to Diamond Natural with chicken and rice, and oh boy, that was a mistake. He sheds and sheds! So now I am going back to Purina Pro Plan with Salmon. I ordered it at Amazon, they have the best price and it was delivered to my door.
    https://www.amazon.com/Purina-Pro-P...&sr=1-1&keywords=Purina+Pro+Plan+Savor+Salmon

IcyBC, Aug 17, 2016
  3. SirJoe

cluckeyo Active Member

My dog does not shed a lot. She is a chihuahua. I will see a little bit of stray hairs here and there in the summer, but usually not much shedding. I used to have a samoyed, she used to shed a lot in summer.

cluckeyo, Aug 17, 2016
  4. SirJoe

claudine Well-Known Member

I'm very lucky, my Homer doesn't shed at all:) He's a Yorkshire Terrier.
    Maybe shorten your dog's hair? I don't see any other solution.

claudine, Aug 17, 2016
Ask a Question