Severely Matted Dog, Ellen, Finds a Home

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Back in July we shared with you the story of Ellen, one of the worst cases of grooming neglect ever seen. A whopping two pounds of urine- and feces-caked fur was shaved off. We’re now pleased to tell you that she is now a member of a family whom she loves – and personally picked!

Animal workers from the Trio Animal Foundation gave the stray dog a makeover of a lifetime when she was found wandering Chicago in July. She was so badly matted that staff couldn’t tell if she was male or female.

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2014/09/update-severely-matted-dog-ellen-finds-a-home/

Trellum, Sep 7, 2014
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Wow, it's the most matted dog I've ever seen! Poor thing. I'm very happy to hear that she found a loving family.
    Every dog deserves to be loved and taken care of:)

claudine, Sep 11, 2014
  3. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Same here, Claudine, I had never seen a dog in a condition like this before, it looked so different without all that hair, did you look at the picture? It's just amazing the change that little dog underwent :eek:

Trellum, Sep 11, 2014
  4. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Yes, I did look at the picture:) Without all the mats, she looks like a completely different dog. I would never guess that she is so tiny and adorable! I'm very glad she isn't alone anymore:)
    My Homer doesn't look too clean today. He spend the whole morning rolling in grass;)

claudine, Sep 21, 2014
Ask a Question