Roosevelt, the handicapped dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, May 6, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Check out the air on that jump! Lol. I love that the owner didn't put him down and see is no different than someone who has a disability...they're perfectly capable of doing plenty of things!

Jessi, May 6, 2012
  2. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

Yes, very nice owner to let this cutie have a new happy life with her family.
    It is great to know people who really care. And great to see dogs like Roosevelt, full of life and hope.

zararina, May 7, 2012
  3. Jessi

kinser Well-Known Member

What a heart-warming story! Roosevelt seems like a happy, adjusted dog despite his previous defects, and I'm glad he was given a chance at life. He's adorable ♥.

kinser, May 9, 2012
  4. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Agreed. Dogs with handicaps are still dogs. And good dogs, too. No reason to put them down. Basically I don't see any reason to put down any dog. Unless it has gone totally raving mad. In which case, it isn't a dog anymore. Here are two dogs which look like they are doing quite well in kangaroo mode:
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, May 10, 2012
  5. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I found a couple more pictures of Roosevelt, including one without him in his wheelchair:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jessi, May 18, 2012
  6. Jessi

NewDCD Well-Known Member

Without the wheelchair, he kind of reminds me a bit of a kangaroo, heh! Still, he is precious. I'm glad he's living life to the fullest! As mentioned before, a disability shouldn't become a game-breaker, but just an obstacle to overcome. I don't mean to say that a disability is not a big deal (nobody in their right mind would), but I know people who are disabled want to live as much as we do. We should just give them props for doing great, instead of looking at them with pity and whatnot, as people tend to do.

NewDCD, May 18, 2012
  7. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

This is really touching. I have a soft spot for disabled dogs. We had our Lab's back leg amputated when she was 10 because of cancer. She lived 3 1/2 more years of joyful life. That missing leg never bothered her one bit.

People don't realize how resilient dogs are. They have a tremendous fighting spirit.

You go Roosevelt!

Melody, May 18, 2012
  8. Jessi

Truly we humans have so much to learn from animals. I am not saying that all handicapped people are the same but I have seen many who just think that the whole world owes them a living just because they are handicapped. Such people, in my opinion, are actually handicapped in their mentality.

Victor Leigh, May 19, 2012
  9. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Jessi, May 24, 2012
  10. Jessi

Mystique Active Member

Shame... Roosevelt looks like he has a lot of fun with his wheelchair and that is good reason enough to let him live. I'm glad there are people out there that give disabled animals the chance to enjoy life and to experience love from those who care about them.

Mystique, May 24, 2012
  11. Jessi

Let's just hope that some crazy people do not think that dogs which look like kangaroos are trendy and start something horrible like making a breed that doesn't have front legs.

Victor Leigh, May 25, 2012
  12. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Oh god, that would be horrible. You really shouldn't put thoughts like that in people's heads....they might actually start doing it. :(

Jessi, May 28, 2012
  13. Jessi

I don't think I have to put any such thoughts into anyone's heads. When it comes to making money, there's nothing that some people wouldn't do. I have read somewhere that some people even go so far as to break the legs of small children so that they can use the children as beggars.

Victor Leigh, May 29, 2012
Ask a Question