Quality time

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Winterybella, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Families are always encouraged to spend quality time together and since our pets are family it follows that we spend quality time with them. Do you make it a point to spend quality time with your feline family? I've been trying to do some work at home recently but it's also proving to be a time when I get to do more with my dogs.

Are you spending quality time with your pets and what are some of the things you are doing? Are there things you are planning to improve on in the future?

Winterybella, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

I consider pets my family too:)
    Currently, I walk Homer three times a day and we play fetch after every walk. It's fun:) I like spending time with him, because it relaxes me.

claudine, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Winterybella

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I am also home on most days and I spent three times a day playing fetch/exercise with Capone. He is never alone for more than four hours. I also take him in the car for short errands and sometimes just for a ride.

IcyBC, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Winterybella

I have fallen behind with the walks but they go exercise in the yard everyday for a while. Ginger is the Usain Bolt of house. She is super fast. The few times I took her walking she did not love it but I can tell she will come around. I am spending some time brushing them and checking for ticks these last few days. I am not going to be happy until I see the back of them. Reba my big dog, spent a lot of yesterday indoors. I wonder if I will ever convince my husband to let her come inside full time. I see them scratching so I am going to go and see if any of those nasty pest are around. God I hate them:(.

Winterybella, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Winterybella

Trellum Well-Known Member

I spend a lot quality time with my Frida and Bob! They are my family and I love them both so much, they are more than just pets. I think they love the fact I spend so much time at home. Sometimes while I am working I scratch Frida's belly :)

Trellum, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

Does he like it? My Homer hates cars:( He's terrified of them. A few years ago, my parents wanted to take him for a ride. He ended up having a panic attack:(

claudine, Aug 13, 2015
  7. Winterybella

IcyBC Well-Known Member

He can't wait to be in the car, @claudine ! He loves it, and he won't even bother people who happened to walk by, but stood by the car door waiting for me. I thought for sure that he would take off to go sniff them, but he just wants to be in the car with me.

IcyBC, Aug 14, 2015
  8. Winterybella

I know you were speaking about Capone but I want to jump in and say I am seeing some weird behaviour since Ginger has joined the club. In the past Zola would just hear keys and be ready to go for a ride. Some days it was just standard and my husband used to love her company when he was going out alone. Since Ginger came the only way Zola gets really interested is if Ginger and Zemy are coming along. The thing is Ginger went for two rides so far and she cried both times. Only last night I forced Zola out with me and she only came once I put Remy in the car..Dog behaviour....

Thumbs up to Capone.

Winterybella, Aug 14, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  9. Winterybella

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Capone is the only dog for us and he has this need to be with human since he came home to us at 7 weeks old. He learned to be independent during the past year, and can be by himself for a short amount of time.

Car ride is one of his favorite things to do! He sticks his head out the window, and I love seeing his ears and his mouth flopping around in the wind.
    IMG_1509.JPG

IcyBC, Aug 15, 2015
  10. Winterybella

IMG_20140808_141157.jpg That's Remy. That's an old picture but she is small and can't easily get to the window. Then again she's still somewhat shy but a great traveler if you want no disturbance. She almost never volunteers but once you put her on board she is the best traveler. I took her to the Drive-In one time and she just sat there while Zola was all over the place.

If this was Zola she would be from window to window. Ginger is not used to it yet.

Winterybella, Aug 15, 2015
Ask a Question