Put a Stop to These 5 Dog Behavior Problems

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Trellum, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hey guys! I found this article the other day and thought of sharing it with you! In this article the top 5 dog behaviour problems are listed, I'm sure a lot of you will find this article useful!

Full article here: http://shine.yahoo.com/pets/put-stop-5-dog-behavior-problems-144300103.html

Trellum, Jan 7, 2014
  2. Trellum

zararina Well-Known Member

Yes it is a useful article.
    Our current dog do not mind having guests in our place as long as these guests are friendly to him. :p

zararina, Jan 8, 2014
  3. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing this article! I'm quite ashamed, we have problems number 3,4,5 and sometimes 6, although lately Homer doesn't seem as interested in chewing my things as he was before, when he was younger:p
    The biggest problem is Resource Guarding. He doesn't let anyone touch his pillows, blankets, treats and cones:confused:

claudine, Jan 11, 2014
  4. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Ah, sorry to hear you are having all those problems with homer :( Any plans to try to solve them? At his age it can be a bit hard, but it still is possible :) The only problem I have wit my dogs is Dashing, that's for the standard schnauzer only because she is a very active dog and just wants to explore ;)

Trellum, Jan 24, 2014
  5. Trellum

No, we don't plan to solve any of these problems:oops: To be honest, it doesn't really bother me that Homer is so naughty. I find it adorable:p Since he is so tiny, he can't harm anyone nor destroy anything important. He barks a lot and I understand that it may be annoying for some people, but fortunately, we live in a house, not in a flat.

claudine, Jan 24, 2014
  6. Trellum

trishgl Well-Known Member

Our dog barks in greeting at our guests. For some reason though she barks at some guests more than others. It is never the menacing kind though just playful. It is also odd that she does not bark at some visitors even if she's never met them before. Would anyone know why that is? Is it a particular smell or behavior that humans make which triggers barking?

trishgl, Jan 28, 2014
  7. Trellum

Usually, Homer barks at every visitor, but once, when a friend of my father came to our house for the very first time, Homer ignored him. It was really weird!
    As it turned out, this friend was a dog owner too, and he had a very big dog. I think that Homer could smell it and this is why he decided to be quiet.
    Maybe it's the same with your dog, Trishgl?

claudine, Feb 2, 2014
  8. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Having company is stressful for human too so I don't blame the dog! Capone got very excited especially when my family just walked right in our house without a proper introduction. He is a dog and our home is his territory. However, after the initial shock and after he has smelled them, he is fine with them. I also believe he is still a puppy so this kind of behavior is understandable, but I do try to correct him when I see it happened.

IcyBC, Nov 12, 2015
  9. Trellum

He doesn't bark at them? Homer barks at every person who dares to visit us. It doesn't matter whether it's family or not. For example, he always hated my grandmother.
    When he was a puppy, he wasn't friendly either. He clearly doesn't like having guests;)

claudine, Nov 12, 2015
  10. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Oh he barked at them and his bark is deep so it usually scares the people. He barked at people who came on our porch too. He just has to guard his territory and lets them know that he is around. On the other hand, he is also a "scardy cat" and by this I mean if the neighbor has something on their lawn, such as lawn chair, that he hasn't seen before, he won't come near it and tries to hide behind me. He is just a hoot :)

IcyBC, Nov 17, 2015
Ask a Question