Picky eaters

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This dog obviously doesn't like certain pieces in his dog food. My dog will pick out certain vegetables (like green beans) if I don't smash them up and make sure they are part of the food, mixed really well. He'll also avoid carrots if they are simply sliced instead of chopped into smaller bits, ha.

Jessi, Jul 7, 2012
  2. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

LOL that was funny and cute as well. :p
    I do have a dog that will bury a bread if its given to her in a whole piece so, it should be given in pieces.

zararina, Jul 9, 2012
  3. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Children and dogs.:rolleyes: A blender would make it hard to pick out those bits.
    My dog sometimes gets into the chicken and wallabies scraps bucket if we don't put it under the sink properly. The pieces that are usually a tell-tale sign she has had her head in it is carrot peelings on the floor.

argon_0, Jul 10, 2012
  4. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

True! I definitely have to chop it small and mix it well or mine will pick out pieces.

Jessi, Jul 10, 2012
  5. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

I don't have picky eaters. My dog sees food, she eats food. :D

My sister's dog is picky though. She does like the dog in the graphic. She picks through her food for her favorites. Her food has different kibble and dried produce. She knows brown circles from brown triangles. She will pick up the unwanted pieces and leave them by her bowl on the floor.

My sister accidentally found a trick to make her dog eat all her food. After the plum eating incident, she started her on yogurt to get her system back to normal. She gets a spoonful on her dog food.

Wow! You would think that her food was topped with hot chocolate fudge syrup. She not only eats every piece of food, but she licks the bowl clean. Then, she seems disappointed that there is nothing left. If we'd known this trick before, I would never have had to fret about her not eating when she stayed with me.

Melody, Jul 10, 2012
  6. Jessi

haopee Well-Known Member

Ginger and Coal will eat their dog food in a heart beat. Peanuts and Chooey on the other hand will leave it and come back to it later. Or if I mix two kinds of dog kibbles, they will choose the darker brown ones because that was the one I usually give them and leave the big brown ones alone.

I had to laugh out load on the dog's picture. Her look made it... pretty clear.

haopee, Jul 10, 2012
  7. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Depends on the dog. Dark Lady, my Dobermann, eats everything and then looks for some more. Candy, my Bangkeaw, won't eat the same food three days in a row, even if it's freshly-roasted chicken. No kidding.

Victor Leigh, Jul 10, 2012
  8. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer is always hungry and he would eat everything except bananas - he really hates bananas. He tried it only once and now he is avoiding it. It's only one thing so II can say he is not picky at all. But my friend has a Yorkshire Terrier who is extremely picky! He eats only beef and tangerines. I think this is very unhealthy, but he is very stubborn.

claudine, Aug 19, 2012
  9. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Beef and Tangerines? As a speciality dish or separate? Sounds delicious. If he eats Tangerines alone, that is one determined dog.
    I've never tried bananas with Mishka but she loves apples and will sit around waiting for the apple-core.

argon_0, Aug 20, 2012
  10. Jessi

nikki Well-Known Member

OMG I had to LOL!!!!!!! This is Gigi!!!!!!!! Shes a Havanese though, not sure if the pooch in the pic is too but yes, so finicky.

nikki, Aug 20, 2012
  11. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Beef and tangerines!? Does he eat them separate at all? I've never heard of a dog who eats tangerines, lol.

Jessi, Aug 20, 2012
  12. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

Yes, he eats them separate:p I was very surprised when I heard about it too. I couldn't believe. My friend is extremally worried about him and tries to encourage him to eat different food.

claudine, Aug 21, 2012
  13. Jessi

nikki Well-Known Member

Oh wow, I didnt know dogs liked citrus.

nikki, Aug 22, 2012
Ask a Question