Pet obesity a growing problem in the UK

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I've never seen him smelling herbs or any other plants for that matter. He just digs them up when he feels ignored;) When I work in the garden, I have to take breaks to throw pine cones for him. Otherwise, he would destroy everything I planted:confused::p

claudine, May 21, 2015
  2. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Oh lol!!!! He seems to be a bit like my Bob (cat), he enjoys rubbing himself on the things I plant, specially when he is not getting enough attention. Your Homer reminds me a bit of him ;) My Bob destroyed several geraniums that way :confused: He rubbed himself against them he just made them snap, lol.

Trellum, May 21, 2015
  3. Trellum

Homer often acts like a cat;) He loves jumping on things, sleeping at the top of a table and destroying plants when he's angry. I sometimes call him my little kitten:p

claudine, May 22, 2015
  4. Trellum

Hahaha, he does sound like a cat, specially with that tendency to get on top of things :p I've heard of very few dogs who climb tables ;)

Trellum, May 23, 2015
  5. Trellum

Yorkshire Terriers often do that;) Some time ago, my father's cousin found her Yorkie on a table too. I'm pretty sure they climb things because they dream about being big;)

claudine, May 23, 2015
  6. Trellum

Yes, it must be that :) Your Homer really sounds like he wished to be bigger than he is, hehehe, maybe he also like the view? Does he ever do that also to reach food? My mom would drop dead if she ever saw a dog doing that, hehehe!

Trellum, May 24, 2015
  7. Trellum

Haha, yes, of course, he often does that to reach food!:D Today, when I was talking to my father, Homer climbed on his knees and tried to steal chicken from his plate! Fortunately, we managed to stop him;)

claudine, May 24, 2015
  8. Trellum

Wow, he climbed to his knees? Homer must be in better shape than I am, lol. Good he couldn't get that chicken, hehehe! My dog has never been so close to my plate, but my cat has ;)

Trellum, May 25, 2015
  9. Trellum

He can easily jump on one's lap. If he sees us with his favorite food, nothing can stop him, lol:p He's pretty agile, especially for his age, isn't he?:)

claudine, May 25, 2015
  10. Trellum

Yes, I can see :O He is indeed in better shape than my Frida, is Homer a very energetic and jumpy dog? For some reason I can't imagine him being like so jumpy.

Trellum, May 27, 2015
  11. Trellum

He jumps whenever I ask him if he wants to go for a walk;) And he also does that when my father comes home after work. So yes, he jumps every day;)

claudine, May 28, 2015
  12. Trellum

My Frida rarely jumps, only when she hears the sound those small wet dog food packets make when I grab them ;) Then she jumps :D:)

Trellum, May 28, 2015
  13. Trellum

She must really love them!:D Homer jumps whenever I give him something edible, lol;) Today, he started jumping when he saw a raw carrot. It's so very easy to make him happy!

claudine, May 29, 2015
  14. Trellum

Yes, he loves wet food, but she also likes other things as well. She'd not be so happy and excited about a raw carrot like your Homer though ;) I actually wish she ate more veggies, but she is not the veggies kind of girl :(

Trellum, May 29, 2015
  15. Trellum

That's a pity, vegetables are so healthy! Have you tried giving her fruits? My Homer likes different kinds of berries and apples. The only thing he refuses to eat are bananas.

claudine, May 30, 2015
  16. Trellum

Bananas? but they are so sweet and nice! Well, she seems to like apples! But that's the only thing she seems to like, I'm not asking too much from her though, because my other schnauzer (a mini one) didn't like fruit at all. He was the most picky eater ever that boy!

Trellum, May 30, 2015
  17. Trellum

superbobby Member

I try to take Ghost out every day for a walk. I sometimes let him join me on my morning run. It is important for me that he gets his exercise because I don't want him to develop health problems.

superbobby, Jun 2, 2015
  18. Trellum

Trellum - Apples are very healthy, it's great that she likes them:) My Homer always steals apples from my parents' garden, they have a big apple tree there.
    Superbobby - How big is Ghost? What breed is he?:)

claudine, Jun 2, 2015
  19. Trellum

Yummy! Specially healthy if they are organic, like your parents apples :) I hope everything is ok with both of them, glad to hear you are spending more time with them and getting along better. Well done!

Trellum, Jun 6, 2015
  20. Trellum

Thank you:) My mom is in the hospital, so I have to spend a lot of time at my parents' home with Homer. I want to help everyone as much as I can.

claudine, Jun 10, 2015
Ask a Question