Pet obesity a growing problem in the UK

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Oh lol!!!!! We had a dog that right after taking a bath he liked to roll on the dust, lol. He ended up being covered in dirt, ugh! ll that work from nothing!

Trellum, Apr 25, 2015
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Haha, Homer is exactly the same, he always ends up covered in dirt. Nothing can stop him from rolling in the grass right after a bath;) Someone should invent a dry shampoo for dogs!

claudine, Apr 26, 2015
  3. Trellum

I think there is a dry shampoo for dogs already :) I haven't seen seen it very often over here, but I think you can get it in Europe. I think my mom used it with her dog a few times, it was a foam or something like that.

Trellum, Apr 26, 2015
  4. Trellum

There is?:) I definitely should get it, it would make my life so much easier! Homer sometimes looks like a homeless dog, it's very embarrassing:rolleyes:

claudine, Apr 27, 2015
  5. Trellum

Yes, the one my mom bought was like a foam. I'm not sure I'd use it for my Friday, not sure it'd work with the smell, lol. But you should really try it. I wonder how Homer would take it?

Trellum, Apr 27, 2015
  6. Trellum

I wonder about it too. I don't know what he hates more, being wet or smelling clean;) I guess we have to find it out. Let's hope dry shampoos don't contain any harmful chemicals:confused:

claudine, Apr 28, 2015
  7. Trellum

I'm sure you can find a very wide selection of dry shampoos online :) So you can check the ingredient list very well. Sadly most of the times that kind of products might contain chemicals that might not be all good for our dogs, but that is why we got to check first. You'd be amazed at all the things i avoid buying because they contain at least 1 dangerous chemical... yup, also toothpaste and shampoos. I avoid anything with formaldehyde.

Trellum, Apr 28, 2015
  8. Trellum

I always read ingredient lists before buying something too. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    My friend washes her dog with her intimate care gel, because it's very delicate and doesn't contain any harmful ingredients;)
    Homer has a special shampoo for Yorkies. It prevents tangling:)

claudine, Apr 29, 2015
  9. Trellum

Oh wow!!!! Is her dog very small or normal sized??? Over here those gels are so expensive, does she spend a lot money on that? Are they very expensive over there as well? When I was in the Netherlands I could find a bottle of 200 ml for only 1.14 euro!!!!!! In my country that gel can never be bough for less than 5 euro... after a while that cash adds up, specially when you are on a budget like I am.

Trellum, Apr 29, 2015
  10. Trellum

I've never seen her dog, but I don't think it's big. As far as I remember, he's a dachshund mix.
    Intimate care gels are relatively inexpensive here, especially if you buy local brands:)

claudine, Apr 29, 2015
  11. Trellum

Oh really? I had a dachshund when i was younger, she was very sweet, very short and had a very long body :p So theyre not expensive at all over there? Then she is probably saving a lot on dog shampoo by using that gel to bathe her dog. I think I'd do the same if I had a tiny dog, like for example a yorkie and we lived near one of those ''Action'' stores.

Trellum, Apr 30, 2015
  12. Trellum

Yes, I believe she saves a lot of money this way. Dogs shampoos can be pretty expensive here! I bought Homer a bottle, because his hair gets tangled easily. As you can guess, he hates being combed almost as much as he hates being bathed;)

claudine, Apr 30, 2015
  13. Trellum

Grimp Member

The problem in England is too many people buy dogs for christmas, but they are very busy with work and have small houses, so their dogs often end up staying at home indoors for long periods during the week, this can cause the dogs to become lazy, so they even dont get enough exercise when their owners are still around. English people are quite lazy and fat in general too, and you know what they say about dogs and their owners xD

Grimp, May 13, 2015
  14. Trellum

@Grimp Hahahahaha, really? I think most people in developed countries are like that ;) But I get your point, people with small houses or apartment should think twice before getting a dog they can't really take care of :(

So if you could actually shower Homer more often you surely would do the same she does :) Very healthy and cheap ;) What else could you ask for, if it was me I'd do it as well.

Trellum, May 17, 2015
  15. Trellum

I prefer to use a special dog shampoo, because it prevents tangling;)
    As for what you and Grimp said, I completely agree. The main reason why I don't want to get a dog is because my apartment is small:(

claudine, May 17, 2015
  16. Trellum

I understand, I will have a very small house as well, so for now Frida is ok, but in the future I'll not get more dogs. When she is gone I might have to think very long and hard before i get another one, and if I do its going to be a very tiny one, like your Homer :)

Trellum, May 18, 2015
  17. Trellum

Will you have a garden? If yes, then it will be a good place for a small dog:) Homer loves my parents' garden, he spends most of his time there. Yesterday, I saw him sleeping in the middle of a flower bed;)

claudine, May 19, 2015
  18. Trellum

Yes, a little yard :) I plan to grow a few aromatic herbs in the patches located in the edges of the tiny yard, hehehe. That sounds so sweet! The perfect picture right there, Claudine ;)

Trellum, May 19, 2015
  19. Trellum

I didn't take a picture of him, because I didn't want to wake him up. He is a light sleeper.
    Growing herbs in the edges of your yard sounds like a wonderful idea:) Does Frida dig holes or destroys plants? Homer does it sometimes when he tries to get my attention.

claudine, May 20, 2015
  20. Trellum

Frida is very peaceful, she liked to walk among the chili plants with her head up high... lol. That was when we grew chillies. She is not a digger, but she still likes to lie on the soil and walk among the plants. I guess she will, if she doesn't mind the smell of those plants :O Does your Homer like the smell of some aromatic herbs?

Trellum, May 20, 2015
Ask a Question