Patience Is A Virtue

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by argon_0, Oct 6, 2012.

1. argon_0

argon_0 Well-Known Member

I had to laugh a few moments ago. Mishka went over to my wife who was reading at the table and started nuzzling her. My wife quietly said to Mishka Go over to your couch and count to 60 five times and then I will take you for a walk. Mishka did as she was told and I looked over to see if she was really counting. :)
    I should add my wife teaches primary school students.

argon_0, Oct 6, 2012
  2. argon_0

dashboardc33 Well-Known Member

That is so cute! :) Sometimes, dogs really are smarter than some humans. So, at the end of it all did your wife go over by the dog or did she come back over after some time?

When I read the title, "patience is a virtue" I thought you were going to say something about the owners having patience, but really sometimes it is the dog that has more patience than us.

dashboardc33, Oct 6, 2012
  3. argon_0

claudine Well-Known Member

It's just adorable, Mishka is a very sweet dog:D . This would never work with my Homer. If he heard the world 'walk' he would jump and bark until I'd get up and take him to the park. He is very, very stubborn:p .

claudine, Oct 6, 2012
  4. argon_0

Nick87 Well-Known Member

lmao, that is one smart dog! My dogs aren't that patient when it comes to walks, but they are pretty patient when it comes to treats.

Nick87, Oct 7, 2012
  5. argon_0

Melody Well-Known Member

That is really cute. I believe that dogs understand far more of what we communicate to them than we give them credit for. Mischka may not understand counting, but she understands being told to "go over there and wait".

Misha knows exactly what time we should take our walk. I usually find her laying patiently facing the door at 11 am. She somehow knows that is when I take a break and we head out.

Melody, Oct 7, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  6. argon_0

argon_0 Well-Known Member

When my lovely wife was ready for the walk then so was Mishka. Mishka is very sensitive and we make a point of not yelling when we disagree, my wife and I that is. We often remark to tone it down so as not to upset our dear Mishy. Nothing like a dog to bring us back to earth.:cool:

argon_0, Oct 7, 2012
Ask a Question