Order Your Dog Food Online

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by IcyBC, Sep 14, 2015.

1. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

For this past year, I have been ordering Capone's food online, Amazon to be exact, and it is so much cheaper than at the store. My dog food came to the door, I saved money on tax and shipping, at least $20 dollars per bag for the same brand and type of dog food!

We used to buy it from the store, and always have to wait for my son to go with me since I can't lift the 33 lbs. dog food. Then, I search online, and Amazon offers such a great deal that can't be beat! Now, I love it for the convenient and the savings.

Where do you buy your dog food? Have you ordered online?

IcyBC, Sep 14, 2015
  2. IcyBC

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Sadly that might be costly for me. I live in the Caribbean and while the food would be cheaper, by the time I pay freight and duties, I might as well buy it here. My husband gets the food from our local equivalent of Sams or BJs.

Winterybella, Sep 14, 2015
  3. IcyBC

Trellum Well-Known Member

Awesome! I might do the same with cat food :) I've often heard you can save a lot by ordering certain things online, but I had never heard about saving money when ordering dog food. Thanks a lot for the tip! My brother in law doesn't have to ay tax when ordering things in the Netherlands because he is British, so who knows, we might do it this way too.

Trellum, Sep 15, 2015
  4. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

@Winterybella , sorry to hear that! Pet stores that carry somewhat of decent dog food cost so much moor and then there is taxes on top of that. I saw a young couple buying 2 bags of the same dog food brand that I use, which was sold for $60.00 a bag at the store I was in. I just want to run after them and tell them to get it at Amazon for around $35 dollars a bag, but I don't want to look like a mad woman, haha :)

@Trellum , so far the only two places that don't charge tax are Amazon and eBay. Others do! When you live on a shoe string, saving money is always first. I am able to buy somewhat quality food for Capone using the gift cards that I have collected working.

IcyBC, Sep 16, 2015
  5. IcyBC

claudine Well-Known Member

My father buys food for Homer in a pet store near our house. But I'll definitely think about ordering it online. Maybe it will help us save some money.
    Thank you for the tip!:)

claudine, Sep 16, 2015
  6. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I usually buy the biggest bag that they have to save money, and it runs from 33-35 pounds of dry dog kernels, which I can't lift or take it to inside the home. Capone goes through one bag every 1 1/2 month, so it can get expensive. I am glad I found it cheaper on Amazon.

Do you know that you can also buy heart worm medication online and it is cheaper too?

IcyBC, Sep 17, 2015
  7. IcyBC

That's great!:)
    Homer is really tiny, so he doesn't eat much, but we pay a lot of money for his food anyway. A small bag of Royal costs around 30zł here, wich is almost $10.

claudine, Sep 17, 2015
  8. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Sometimes I take for granted that I live in the USA, and forgot that something like this might not be available in other countries. I hope that Amazon has this service for you, Claudine. I can't carry a heavy bag of dog food, so this has worked out great for me.

IcyBC, Oct 1, 2015
  9. IcyBC

I know, dog food can be very heavy. But I'm thinking about getting a driver's licence, so carrying it won't be a problem anymore soon:)

claudine, Oct 1, 2015
  10. IcyBC

KimmyMarkks Active Member

I haven't bought food online but I wouldn't be opposed to it. I buy my dog food a wholesaler stores such as Costco of BJs. I find I get the best per unit price here and the brands they offer are well known. I would definitely consider purchasing food online especially if it was a good deal. Or if I lived in the city and didn't have a car to transport 40lb bags of dog food.

KimmyMarkks, Dec 10, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  11. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I don't have a Costco membership and to go there to buy dog food is such a hassle for me, not to mention that I have to lift the heavy bag to put in my car, drive home, and tug the bag inside, lol. I just don't have the strength to do this anymore and don't want to wait for my teenager to be available to help me :) I love ordering dog food online, it came straight to the door, and my deliver man even put it inside for me. I am happy happy with that :)

IcyBC, Dec 18, 2015
  12. IcyBC

KimmyMarkks Active Member

Oh I agree. It definitely is a pain. I usually go with someone who is able to lift it so I don't have to. Otherwise I would also order it online.
    Do you find the price is a lot more expensive?

KimmyMarkks, Dec 24, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  13. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

IcyBC, Jan 2, 2016
  14. IcyBC

I see! I hope I can do the same with Amazon UK. I plan to order my organic cosmetics and other stuff from there, because in the Netherlands everything is so cheap, but low quality... at least when it comes to cosmetics, unless you go to the expensive stores where good stuff is too expensive.

Trellum, Jan 3, 2016
  15. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

My gosh, it seems as though I bought everything from Amazon! From vitamins, to things for the house to dog food; I think it is the site out there and the customer service is also great. I don't have to deal with anyone but when I need something, I can call in and got it handled.

Stores around here is very bad with customer service! You have to actually go fetch one for yourself if you can find them.

IcyBC, Jan 10, 2016
  16. IcyBC

Here is the same way, horrible customer service and the girls in charge most of the time don't even know how t treat a customer. So I'd not miss that at all if I went completely online to be honest ;) Who would miss that? My location is still stopping me though ;) But soon I might be ordering most things from Amazon ;)

Trellum, Jan 10, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  17. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

As with age, disability, and bad weather I am tempting the thought of buying foods online; although I don't know if I am comfortable with fresh fruits and vegetables being deliver to my front door yet! It probably feels weird since I don't have direct contact picking out my own foods.

Who knows, ditching the car will eliminate one giant expense of owning it, and order everything online sounds wonderful at the moment.

IcyBC, Jan 23, 2016
  18. IcyBC

@IcyBC Where I live they have a special service, in which the employees of this grocery store take your food there, they pick it themselves. Do you ave something like that over there? I've heard in places like South Korea they buy their food online due difficult schedules, it sounds so odd to us, but there is the norm. You could try at least once ;)

Trellum, Jan 23, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  19. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

None that I am aware of! Online purchase will be very useful and handy for me to have in a few years down the line when all the kids flew the nest. I am also physically disabled so moving around will be very limited as I age. I would love to have my grocery delivery to me in winter especially so I don't have to go out in the snow!

IcyBC, Feb 3, 2016
    Trellum likes this.
  20. IcyBC

If you have that option (ordering online) then go for it. If I could do the same thing I would (they don't have the service I told you about in the country I am going to move to). Grocery shopping is something I don't enjoy so much as well :/ I hope things go well for you, aging is something I fear too ,specially with my spine issues!

Trellum, Feb 9, 2016
Ask a Question