NEW PUPPY- Barks, whines, doesn't like treats...HELP

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Sally, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Sally

Sally New Member

Hello,

I have an 8 week maltipoo puppy. It is only day 2, so I know he needs time to adapt, but still, there are some issues I am struggling with. I work during the day, and do pop in at lunch, and he has been found sleeping in his crate. I leave the crate door open so he can go potty, which he has done on his pee pad. These are the good things. The BAD: barks all night, barks when I am three feet away from him, trying to comb my own hair. I tried rewarding good behavior with treats, but he wanted nothing to do with the treats . I cant walk him yet to wear him out since he still needs to be fully vaccinated. I live in an apartment, and have tried playing with a little rope toy he has, but as of now, I dont see him playing with his toys or self entertaining. He just barks and whines or sleeps. How can I start to train him properly? I do ignore all the barking, but when will it stop? So many questions! Thanks!

Also, I leave dry food out all day and he doesnt seem to eat very much. Is this normal?

Sally, Oct 18, 2016
  2. Sally

Becky Well-Known Member

Becky, Oct 21, 2016
  3. Sally

Alpha1 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. I agree with Becky, these are the signs of separation anxiety.

Alpha1, Dec 23, 2016
Ask a Question