Muddy feet - how do you deal with it?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kinser, Apr 27, 2012.

1. kinser

kinser Well-Known Member

Ugg, I absolutely hate when it starts raining! Not because I hate rain or inclimate weather, but because I know my dogs will be tracking mud into the house every time they go outside. I keep a basket of towels by the back door so we can wipe them off when they come in, but it is such a pain in the you-know-what. And, I can't always trust the rest of my family to do a thorough wipe-off job, which irritates me to no end (since I'm the only one who cleans the house). I'd love to come up with some unique product that would help with this problem, but so far nothing (my dogs would never tolerate wearing anything on their feet, so that's out). How do you deal with muddy dog feet?

kinser, Apr 27, 2012
  2. kinser

Denisab82 Member

If you do come up with a product to get rid of muddy dog feet, you'd probably be a millionaire! :) When our dogs have muddy feet, the best thing we do is keep a large rug and towels by our patio door and make sure the dogs don't go off the rug until their feet are cleaned off. Sometimes tracking mud into the house is inevitable, so we just make sure to have plenty of towels nearby.

Denisab82, Apr 28, 2012
  3. kinser

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I normally have a pail of water handy by the front door. Outside. Then I wash those muddy paws before they get inside the house.

Victor Leigh, Apr 28, 2012
  4. kinser

zararina Well-Known Member

Almost all areas in the compound are cemented so I do have very few problem about the muddy feet. And we put rags in the front door so at least it lessen the dirt and wetness in their feet. :p

zararina, Apr 29, 2012
  5. kinser

Jessi Well-Known Member

We do the same as you and just wipe the feet when he comes in. I know it's a pain, but I'm not sure what else to do.

Oh! Actually, when it came to leaving him with someone else, we keep baby gates up to limit him to a single room. So on rainy days where his paws didn't get wiped, it kept the mess only to a single room and made it a lot easier to clean up than letting him trek all over. You might want to try that out.

Jessi, Apr 30, 2012
  6. kinser

Smartee Member

I was at pet smart the other day, and I saw that they sell these disposable booties. Maybe you could try those?
    My neighbor uses them on her dog and they seem to really work. She swears by them.
    They come in all different sizes, so you should be able to find some for small dogs, or big ones. I'm sure you can even wash them off in the sink and prolong their life a little. If you try them, let us know how they work out!

Smartee, Apr 30, 2012
  7. kinser

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like it would work with any of my dogs. Especially not with Candy. She would make short work of those booties.

Victor Leigh, May 2, 2012
  8. kinser

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Mop! Princess Mishka can come inside and then it's out with the mop.

argon_0, May 2, 2012
Ask a Question