Misha versus the Messager

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

It can be hilarious seeing your dog's reaction to a new item in the house. My Mom's legs are bothering her and we've been trying to find stuff to help her out. It dawned on me that I had a full body massage pad. I use it when my arthritis acts up.

I had it on the floor so I could clean it up and test it out. Misha happened to be standing on it when I turned it on. She froze for a couple of seconds. Then, she leaped through the air as if she was on hot coals. She got behind me to hide.

Later, I put it out for my Mom. Misha climbed up on my Mom's lap, looked down at her legs, and jumped off. She did this several times. She still isn't sure of it!

The high setting is pretty intense. I can feel the vibration sitting on the couch about 5 feet away (my Mom is in her chair). The floor boards pick up the vibration. Misha doesn't know where she is supposed to go. LOL

This was my morning entertainment. :D

Melody, Sep 26, 2012
  2. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

This sounds very funny:p My Homer doesn't like when my cell phone is vibrating. He always barks at it and when nothing happens, he tries to bite it:p I wonder what would he do with a messager.

claudine, Sep 27, 2012
  3. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol!

I don't have anything like that with my dog. One of our cats discovered a vibrating foot massager, though. It turns on when you put pressure on it (like sliding your feet in)..... so it looks perfectly innocent, but she accidentally walked across it the first time and it freaked her out.

Jessi, Sep 27, 2012
  4. Melody

haopee Well-Known Member

Poor Misha. On a side note, that must have been quite a hilarious seen to watch.

Yes, Chooey is scared of the clippers! She'll do anything to escape it. She will nip on my hands and or twist herself to get away from my grip to escape the wrath of the Vibrating God!

haopee, Sep 28, 2012
  5. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Jessi, that must have really startled the cat! I bet she leaped off that thing pretty quickly.

I have found Misha sitting in front of the messaging pad pondering it. She must be wondering why it doesn't make noise all the time. She was still doing the jumping off and on thing today. I'm not sure if the vibration startles her or the sound. It's pretty loud. It's funny to watch because she'll turn to face my Mom and hit her with her paws like she's trying to get her off the scary pad.

Wait until she figures out there his button for heat. We might never get her off the pad.

Melody, Sep 28, 2012
Ask a Question