Lost Dog Found 500 Miles From Home

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

I always find these stories incredible and heartwarming. A Colorado family got a call that their lost dog had been found. Their dog was found in Kansas!

The dog somehow got out of their yard in February. Recently, it was found on the side of a road in Kansas. It had suffered some injuries. The dog was microchipped which gave the name of the owners, but they had moved and never updated the info.

The rescue workers was diligent. They tracked down the family and the family has been reunited with their dog. Isn't that neat?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/20/chumley-the-english-bulld_n_1614568.html

Melody, Jun 21, 2012
  2. Melody

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

There must be a long story behind that tale. One thing is for sure. Chumley didn't go by himself. There's no reason for him to travel 500 miles away from his home. So someone must have taken him. The question is why should someone take him? Maybe someday we will find out.

In the meantime, I wish Chumley all the best and also I would like to remind everyone who has micro-chipped their dogs to update the information.

Victor Leigh, Jun 22, 2012
  3. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

Good thing that the dog is now united with the real owners and hope they will not let that thing happen again.
    And good job for the rescue workers. ;)

zararina, Jun 22, 2012
Ask a Question