Living 2 places

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by cluckeyo, Jul 27, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Active Member

The situation now, is that I spend some time at home and a lot of time at my parents (in thier 90s) home which is about 100 yards away. At first my dog was determined to stay home with her Daddy. But lately I guess she is missing me. Because she comes back and forth with me a lot and when she does miss her Daddy, it's just close enough for her to walk home by herself. I don't let her do that after dark, though. She has to make her decision before bed time.

cluckeyo, Jul 27, 2016
  2. cluckeyo

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Do you mean to say that you let your dog walk that 100 yards by herself? Isn't that placing her at risk? Over here, I would never do that because there are stray dogs here and they are suspect in spreading diseases. Another risk is the vehicles that pass by which makes the road dangerous for a dog. May I suggest that you walk your dog home if you cannot carry her. At least she would be safe when you are there by your dog's side.

Corzhens, Jul 27, 2016
  3. cluckeyo

Winterybella Well-Known Member

After I lost my cat I have become more paranoid about my dogs being outside unattended. On the odd occasion when one goes off a little way down the street, I panic and I am a mess until she (Ginger) comes sprinting back. It's great you can trust yours to go back and forth in safely.

Winterybella, Jul 27, 2016
Ask a Question