Is your dog picky eater?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by zararina, Jan 3, 2012.

1. zararina

zararina Well-Known Member

Our dog is not really a picky eater although there are some foods he really do not want to eat compared to our previous dogs. His favorite food is bread and he really like to eat rice with mixed with local dishes.

Is your dog picky eater?

zararina, Jan 3, 2012
  2. zararina

aimend13 Active Member

Luckily my dogs isn't much of a picky eater at all. She always eats all of her dog food, and is normally pretty happy to eat any food off the floor that we might have dropped. There are a few things she doesn't like to eat however, like celery sticks and some other vegetables.

aimend13, Jan 3, 2012
  3. zararina

MakingCents Well-Known Member

The dog I have no is not even close to a picky eater. He eats just about anything I give him, which makes it easy to get him to take a pill. The dog I had growin gup though was an incredibly picky eater.

MakingCents, Jan 3, 2012
  4. zararina

amy005 Well-Known Member

No, my dog is not really a picky eater at all.He tries to pretty much eat anything although I do not like to let hi eat anything other then his dog food. The only food that he will not try to eat is lettuce and other veggies

amy005, Jan 3, 2012
  5. zararina

zararina Well-Known Member

I use to have a dog like that and she was actually the oldest dog we had. She loves eating vegetables and one of her favorite food was coconut meat. She always have appetite for any food not unless she does not feel good or somewhat sick.

zararina, Jan 4, 2012
  6. zararina

King Browny Well-Known Member

Picky eater they are. But it varies. Shakira would like to have soup in her meal. The rest want them dry. They don’t want it bland. They don’t like it without meat. They don’t like vegetables and sweets. They don’t like any dog food but lamb flavor. Except for my mom’s dog Boomboom. He would eat anything and he eats super-fast because when you put down his meal then next you put down the meal of the other dog, when you look at his bowl its already empty. He eats in a flicker of an eye. We once observed him and oh, my! The dog won’t chew his meal.

King Browny, Jan 6, 2012
  7. zararina

Nick87 Well-Known Member

My first dog was a very picky eater. He'd only eat meat, his brand of dry food, certain types of wet food and not much else. If a vegetable fell on the floor, he'd lick it, then look at us like "wtf are you trying to feed me"
    My current dogs aren't picky eaters at all. They'll eat anything, so much so that sometimes we just give them pieces of food we'd expect them not to like to see if they like it-and they do. They'll eat all sorts of vegetables like peas, soy beans, green beans, lima beans-things that I don't even like myself. They just love to eat, and it doesn't really matter what it is they're being fed. They enjoy having their regular meal food as a treat even.

Nick87, Jan 15, 2012
Ask a Question