Instagram

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by KimmyMarkks, Nov 26, 2015.

1. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkks Active Member

I follow several animal shelters on Instagram. I am looking to adopt a dog in the next few months.
    It is so sad to see that in different areas the types of dogs at the shelters are so different. I live in a city and the shelter for my city is full of all pit bulls. Their stories are so sad. Most were abused because they wouldn't fight. They have the scars to show it. Others were left in the cold. So many times the shelter notes that it was the best day of the dogs life when it was brought to the shelter.

What kinds of dogs are in your local shelters?

KimmyMarkks, Nov 26, 2015
  2. KimmyMarkks

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Around here, many cities don't even allow pit bulls because of their bad reputations! My vet even listed Capone as Boxer, and not pit bull since we don't actually know what mix he is. From what I see on Craiglist, pit bull gets the majority counts.

I don't look for dogs from the shelters anymore!

IcyBC, Dec 2, 2015
  3. KimmyMarkks

claudine Well-Known Member

In my local shelters, there are mostly mutts and dogs that are very old or sick. I feel heartbroken whenever I think about them. They're so lonely. Unfortunately, the only thing I can do is to support them financially and I don't have a lot of money:(

claudine, Dec 2, 2015
  4. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkks Active Member

I agree, going to the pound is so sad! I really want to adopt every animal when I go (obviously that is not possible). I have adopted several pets from my local shelter and will continue to in the future. It is so sad that these helpless animals end up living a life in cages.

KimmyMarkks, Dec 3, 2015
  5. KimmyMarkks

claudine Well-Known Member

That's wonderful, KimmyMarkks:)
    I wish I could adopt a dog or a cat from one of my local shelters. I'd love to help them. Unfortunately, like I mentioned in a different thread, I live in a rented apartment and I'm not allowed to keep pets here:(

claudine, Dec 9, 2015
  6. KimmyMarkks

Trellum Well-Known Member

As far as I know we don't really have a lot local shelters :( Sadly most people here don't value the life of cats and dogs so much :( Most of the dogs that are indeed rescued and offered for adoption are done so during special events... so you need to be really tuned in order to know hen and where.

Trellum, Dec 10, 2015
Ask a Question