I need some advice!

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by LilAnn, May 23, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I have 6 pit bulls right now. The two youngest are a year and almost 8 weeks. The other 4 are full grown...
    So here's my problem... I have never had another breed do this, but these guys like to eat my house. My oldest (Bowser) used to get mad when he was left at home alone. We tried everything... Leaving him in the house, chained outside, and even chained inside. It didnt matter, because every time we got home he had either broken out a window to get in/out or taken the door down. He has out grown that now, but I still have some repairs to make because of it. The youngest 4 like to eat my floor. Where the carpet meets the hardwood there are 2 holes. The one that passed away at a bedroom door. There's more but you get the idea. They have all the room in the world to run around, and I take at least one for a 1 mile walk with me everyday. Any suggestions on how to get them to NOT eat what's left of my house?

LilAnn, May 23, 2015
  2. LilAnn

Trellum Well-Known Member

Woah, I thought this was more of a problem for small dogs, but I see that is not the case. This is rough, but maybe they are bored. If you can only take one daily for a mile walk (15 minutes?) I'd say is not enough. I really think they're bored... those dogs have a lot energy, they're so muscular, they need more activity for sure.

Trellum, May 25, 2015
  3. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna have to work it out where I can take more, probably 2, at a time. Bowser went with me yesterday and almost couldn't make it home. If I pick the right two at a time, and throw the puppy in with the easier pair I might be able to take them all each day. I just don't know what else to do. Argh!!

LilAnn, May 26, 2015
  4. LilAnn

Pshaw Bradley Member

Wow this brings back some memories.

See this guy to the left over there?

That innocent-looking hound over there?

When he was two years old, that SOB chewed through the door of my HOUSE.

My front door. Chewed a boxer-sized hole in it and went merrily on his way, frolicking through the neighborhood to the horrified screams of women and children (He is a big dog, and people get scared when he is joyfully romping around).

I kept the door so I could show it to people, because....well, I'm impressed by it at least.

Pshaw Bradley, May 26, 2015
    Winterybella and LilAnn like this.
  5. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

It's so hard to stay mad at them when they do that stuff, isn't it? Looking at that face, I don't see how you could ever get mad at him, at all!!

I would have saved the door, too. I think it's pretty explicative impressive! How old is he? He really is a very good looking animal!

LilAnn, May 27, 2015
  6. LilAnn

Pshaw Bradley Member

His name is Ralf, and he is like almost 8 years old now. Got him when he was 8 months old.

I know a lot of people say this about their pet, but this dog is literally 'The Best Dog Ever'.

He is so kind and loving and mischevious and playful and expressive and independent and he can leap over a 4' chainlink fence like a cat, but he never hurts anyone, he just wants to play.

Did I mention he is over 90 lbs?

Pshaw Bradley, May 27, 2015
  7. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Over 90 lbs?? I imagine he really could scare some people. I can assure you I'm not going to walk into your house uninvited. i like the expression on his face. It makes me want to give him hugs and beef jerky.

LilAnn, May 28, 2015
  8. LilAnn

Pshaw Bradley Member

hehehe, I don't think I have ever let him have beef jerky, cause I never eat it.

I bet he would like it, I should pick some up.

He does love braunschweiger, and the other day I found out that my dogs highly desire donuts. Now that they know what donuts are, they get quite excited in the presence of donuts. To the point that I fear for my life. Nah, just kidding.

Pshaw Bradley, May 29, 2015
  9. LilAnn

claudine Well-Known Member

Wow, this really is impressive! He must have very sharp teeth and a strong jaw, haha;) How long did it take him to do it? He looks very cute and sweet in the picture in your avatar:)

claudine, Aug 4, 2015
  10. LilAnn

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Whoa..the expenses of owning dogs have just added for you! Six pit bulls will give you lots of damages! Capone is half Pit bull and he has shredded two comforters, 4 pillows and plenty of small blankets.

Have you tried using hot sauce? Capone was starting to chew on the legs of my dinning table and chairs, so I rub some hot sauce on there, and when he went to do his deed, he found out that it didn't good. So far, he hasn't coming back for more.

IcyBC, Aug 5, 2015
  11. LilAnn

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I am sure this thread was not intended as comedy but it's making me laugh. I feel like my three are destroying my mind of late, It's Ginger who is always upsetting the apple cart. She is just back in since disturbing the entire neighbour hood in the wee hours of the morning. I am do upset with her but I see those bloody eyes and it stops me from throwing her back outside. She knows she just has to give me that look!!!
    http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Destructive-Behavior-in-Dogs

Winterybella, Aug 8, 2015
  12. LilAnn

Trellum Well-Known Member

That's the first thing that came into my mind, but I didn't dare to say it :p I had a small pit bull when I was little, she was just a puppy, but you could tell that baby girl loved to bite things. My dad used to bring her to my bed first thing in the morning, place her next to my head and she'd start chewing on my earlobe, lol. Sadly she died young :(

Trellum, Aug 8, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
Ask a Question