I need help!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dylansheart, Sep 2, 2014.

1. dylansheart

dylansheart New Member

I have a 2 year old German Shepard that is afraid of brooms, loud noises and drinking water when thirsty. I have to put the water on the bed in order to get her to drink it. Does any one else have this problem? What can I do to help her?

dylansheart, Sep 2, 2014
  2. dylansheart

claudine Well-Known Member

This is a very weird behavior! My little Yorkie used to be scared of noises too. He especially hated the sound of our mower. Now, it doesn't bother him at all!:D I don't know what happened. He suddenly stopped being scared of it. Maybe it will be the same with your dog? How old is she?
    As for drinking water, maybe buy her a new bowl? Or let her drink from one of your old pots that you used for cooking? Dogs love the smell of food:)

claudine, Sep 6, 2014
  3. dylansheart

Trellum Well-Known Member

Well, I'd not be so concerned about the noises, at lest not as much as the water bit! Have you tried not putting the bowl of water in the bed and see how long she can go without drinking water? I can't think of any better way to pressure her to drink the water on her own! You could try to make her drink the water in the floor, just sit with the bowl there, call her to the bed like when you put the bowl there, then make her follow you, sit on the floor and offer her the water.

Trellum, Sep 7, 2014
Ask a Question