I miss my dog!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by claudine, Jan 3, 2015.

1. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

Winterybella - I love very friendly dogs, they're super cute:) I'm sure Zola is a sweetheart:) My Homer hates most people. For example, he still haven't accepted my grandparents, even though they visit us a few times a year. Homer barks at them non stop:confused:
    Trellum - that's so cute! If a bird dared to walk in front of Homer, Homer would catch it and eat it!

claudine, Mar 12, 2015
  2. claudine

Trellum Well-Known Member

I think the instinct is very strong in terriers :) It's interesting, terriers have the instinct to go after almost everything that moves, but schnauzers (they were bred to catch rats) only seem to react to rats, mice and anything that resembles a rat or mice :O How amazing!

Trellum, Mar 13, 2015
  3. claudine

Yorkshire Terriers were bred to catch rats too:)
    Homer has never seen a rat, since they don't live in our area, but I'm sure he would hate it. He chases everything that moves, including my legs, cars and bikes:p

claudine, Mar 14, 2015
  4. claudine

Awww how cute!!!!!! I can imagine those tiny doggies catching rats!!!! Gosh, they look so adorable!!! Imagine them doing that kind of thing back then! How cute! Maybe that is why they got that long coat? As a protection. Just like the schnauzer got a beard, so the rats wouldn't bite its snout.

Trellum, Mar 14, 2015
  5. claudine

It's very possible! Also, I think they're so small so they could look for rats in canals and other narrow places.
    As far as I know, Yorkshire Terriers were developed in the 19th century in England.

claudine, Mar 14, 2015
  6. claudine

Yeah, probably! What a scary job... looking thru the canals, but those yorkies surely didn't mind it :) They sounds like little dogs with loads of courage in them ;)

Trellum, Mar 15, 2015
  7. claudine

They are very courageous. Homer knows no fear:p Personally, I'd run away screaming if I saw a rat. Homer would attack it without any hesitation;)

claudine, Mar 15, 2015
    Trellum likes this.
Ask a Question